V09 - Chapter 105 Gods Past

"Today Senator Ryan Laymen has supported a bill to establish an International Uros Expedition of many different government departments and agencies to be establish in Alnus. While the bill had enough support in the Senate, he has withheld his support as the concern of US sovereignty. His concern was that the Sino Bloc might use the WHO to conduct surveillance NATO operations in Alnus. With his support, this frees up a major research expansion project in Alnus." – SCNR News

*** 

--- Sharpe Condo, Philadelphia, US, Earth ---

December 10th, 2025

After a warming dinner and everyone doing their own thing as they settle down for the night, Rory walks out of Sharpe's condo and heads outside onto the balcony to get some air and admire the city.

From the cold night air, she cuddles up in her thick black and red short cut robe. The cold doesn't bother her exposed legs, being used to that back on Falmart. Her Apostle abilities help her adjust to different climates and temperatures.

Once she gets to a balcony railing, she leans on it and looks out into the city. "What a strange and beautiful world this is." She says to herself as she looks at the evening streets. Even though it is nighttime, some places look like it is still daytime because of all the artificial lights. She still cannot believe of all the wonders these people have.

She smiles and turns around, now leaning against the railing. She then closes her eyes. "I know you are there. There is no point in hiding."

She then opens her eyes and sees this beautiful female blueish ghostly figure standing there facing her. It looks like she is wearing this white rob with flowers around it. In her hear is this red rose.

"Who are you," She asks, somewhat surprises by her presence. As she looks to this mystery ghost, she is struggling to figure out what is happening. There is no magic on this world or magical creatures. If there was, they would have told her.

"How disappointing," They ghost figure says as she approaches. As she walks, the ghostly features start to disappear and become a more normal female form. "After two millennia's, I have got approval to reappear and yet you cannot figure out what is happening. Maybe I am wrong about you Rory Mercury?"

She crosses her arms. "Well someone is full of it. You are one of the gods of Earth. Let me rephrase my question. Who are you?"

The woman chuckles and walks up to the railing. She cannot help but admire this Goddess beauty. She even feels this strange internal strength and spiritual connection like what she felt during the Resort attack(1).

"Wait," She said. "It was you who aided me during the attack at the resort? The first time I came here."

"Not entirely. I granted you my power to use your abilities. Ares allowed you to summon your opponent's souls and your warrior strength to empower you." The goddess said. "But you are linked to me, for the lack of a better word."

She is surprised it took two gods to allow her to use her abilities. From what she understood, the gods of this world represent one job. She wonders while the gods of Earth might be weak in all other areas besides their one true task. There, they must be incredibly powerful. That is just a theory though.

Back at the resort, she remembers them talking about the ancient gods of this world. Sharpe said Ares was the God of War. While she is most well known for being the Apostle of War, she prefers to be the Apostle of Love. She was happy when he said she represented the Goddess of Aphrodite, the Goddess of love.