V09 - Chapter 92

"Today a Pentagon spokeswoman reports the invasion of the Elies capital Havcristen has officially be secured. Major General Charles Stanford commented on successfully taking the city." – SCNR News, Jessica Moore

"We have taken the regional capital of Elies five days earlier than expected. This is a major steppingstone in securing the wider region. We are currently planning out the next stage of the campaign. That is all." - Lieutenant General Charles Stanford interview

***

--- Combat Outpost Serenity, Havcristen, The Greater Elies Region ---

November 6th, 2025

Rory is sitting down on this makeshift couch that was put together form one of the destroyed HUMVEEs. It is inside this medium size room in Vanguard-7 section of Combat Outpost Serenity.

It has been just over a week since the event between Krysist and Sharpe fight and Sharpe saving Sarah(1). It was an interesting sight, something she has never seen in the nine hundred and sixty years of her life. He is such an idiot and that is why she loves him.

In front of her is a laptop that is sitting on this wooden stool. She is watching this one film on Sharpe's favorite list, The Last Samurai. She is at the part where Captain Nathan Algren has been taken, prisoner. To her surprise, she is really enjoying the film. She does not know if it is a true story however, she enjoys seeing how the old world with bows and swords facing the early days of the modern world. How they both clashes.

She also really likes the Japanese warrior culture of Samurais. How honor dictates everything about their ways and how much the sword plays in their life.

Unlike Selina and Lelei who loves watching movies with him, she is lukewarm as the Americans say. She has fun because he enjoys it most of the time. She understands half of the things he watches are for children and has wondered why he watches stuff like that.

She does like that childish side of him, it brings out the more Human side of him. It is very adorable seeing that side sometimes beside the cold commanding soldier.

Feeling something on her lap, she glances down and smiles when she sees Sharpe's head on her lap, still out cold. He is laying down not the couch, with his head using her lap as a pillow.

That was not his attention, but she did not mind sneaking herself into his nap.

Colonel John Yang gave her strict orders to keep him out of action, so he can properly recover. The rest of the unit is out on pratol duty around the Combat Outpost Serenity area of responsibility.

As she looks at his innocent face, he seems so peaceful. That is probably because she had Tuka use her sleeping spell on him.

Most of the time he is tossing and turning when he sleeps, clearing having some form of discomfort. Even when they are all in Alnus and when they have 'sleepovers', he seems slightly destress. But she is glad that everything is fine now, and that defeated man she saw is gone.

After giving him a lovely pet on the head, she looks over to Lelei who is sitting in a chair. She is in her rob and not the military clothes she has to wear while in combat.

Lelei is reading a paperback book, like always.

She has grown to respect Lelei's ability to understand and adapt to these Other Worlders. For example, she understands their mission calendar system for missions.

Knowing Sharpe would stubbornly force himself to go on the patrol missions, she worked out a schedule were Tuka knocks him out with her sleep magic. They have done this to him three times now and so far, no issues. Just sleeping peacefully and not getting himself into danger.