V11 - Chapter 128 Jasis Fun

*** 

--- Naiktai, local Tavern ---

January 8th, 2026

After a few days of driving, Vanguard-7 got to Naiktai, west of the Schwarz Forest and settled there for the night. Their destination is still a few days away but Major Sharpe though Naiktai would be a good midway point. He is happy they finally on a 'normal' mission for once.

Not fighting fly monsters or rescuing lost tribes, fighting mysteries generals or play a key role in negotiations with royalty. Just a simple supply mission to a space camp. What could possibly go wrong?

Selina is laying on bed, cuddled up in her father's arm, head against his shoulder. The team is staying at a local tavern and while the rest of the team doing whatever, she is happy to get alone time with her father. Something she rarely got with her other father.

In his hand is her tablet that he got her for Christmas(1). They are watching an anime called 'Cells at Work'. It is about red and white cells that live in a person's body. So far, she has learned about the Human body and has learned what cells are. She cannot believe that her body is made up of smaller issues called cells. While she is still confused about the more advance stuff, the show is helping her with the basics.

The cells in the anime are shaped like normal Humans to help follow the story. There is a white male cell that goes around killing cells called germs. There is a cute red blood cell that tries so hard to do her daily job but always needed to be saved by that White cell. She relates to the red blood cell a lot because its reminders her of herself and her father always being there when she needs him. It seems the White cell protects the body while the red one keeps the body running.

What she cannot believe this is how the Human body works. She knew about blood because she can see it, but she never has seen white cells when she was cut before. Plus, all the other stuff on how the body operates and heals, and the show explains it in a cute way.

She glances up at her father with a question. "Father. Are there really little people inside us? Are my blood little people that I cannot see? I mean, doing all this work every day?"

Sharpe chuckles. "No. There are not little people inside us. They did that to make the story more interesting and easier to follow. And because it is cute. It is met to be fun and educational then realistic." He looks back to the tablet. "That Japanese Lieutenant made a good recommendation."

She looks at him wondering who he is talking about. She then smiles and giggles at him.

"What are you giggling about?" Sharpe asks.

"It is funny hearing you say cute," she said. "You are supposed to be a big scary warrior, but you are saying cute, so it is funny."

Sharpe looks down at her and smirks. "Fine, be like that." He pinches her in the side. "That is retaliation."

She jumps a little and then slaps him in the arm. "Stop it." She said in a happy tone. She then gets comfortable again and continues watching the show. She watches as the white cell kills another germ, protecting the silly red blood cell.

She looks up at him. "What are germs? Are they really that dangerous? Every episode has them trying to kill the cell people home."

"Germs are tiny things that are all around us," Sharpe answers. "They are bad for our bodies and that is why we protect ourselves from them. Just like in this show, our bodies fight them off without us knowing." He stops to think of an example. "You have seen us clean everything correct?"

She thinks of the answer. She has seen them use sanitizers and other cleaning material when cleaning their offices and barracks. She heard and has seen the term germ before but thought nothing of it. Just like one of the hundreds of other silly words they have. "Is that why you people clean a lot?"