V06 - Chapter 68 Roses Duty RM

"NATO forces were forced to retreat during the Battle of Podet Lake. The objective was to cut the enemy supply line in half and to set up a staging ground for artillery. Two Infantry company supported by an armored platoon was sent as a strike force with the intent to be followed up by a large force.

Because of the mid situation, the three Abrams and six Bradley's got stuck at different stages of the operation. This forced the infantry to protect them while Engineers tried getting them unstuck. Besides attacking as one organized group, the formation was split up into three separate group. While not far apart, the distance was far enough that each group struggled to support each other.

Another company was deployed at the lake by helicopters. The military was hoping that deploying infantry by helicopter in advance would help offset the mud crisis. The Air Assault was successful, ground forces failed to relieve them before the Empire came in force.

The Empire attacked each group separately, keeping every unit pinned down. The Empire were using a specialized wagon that is designed to move swiftly on the mug, being pulled by a domesticated mole like creature which can quickly move through the mud. Biologists are still trying to figure out what this creature is.

This was also the first time NATO forces witnessed a large elven force within the Imperial ranks. While it is normal to see non-humans within Imperial ranks, Humans have always been the dominate force. From soldier reports, the mud seemed not to influence their movement, allowing them to move around quickly and sustain and firefight with longbows.

Mages were used, forming mud monsters, and using the mud as a weapon. Energy, Sky, and Lightning attacks strike the 10th Mountain position. This usually is not an issue however the soldiers were forced to remain in their positions as they give the Engineers and stuck vehicles cover.

The battled lasted for nine hours, with the only thing preventing the Imperial forces from overwhelming the entrenched forces was the Abrams and Bradley's turrets and M777 artillery support. With that, all forces were able to retreat to Marais. A recovery Air Assault force was able to recover the besieged company at the lake and bring them back to Marais.

What allowed for a clear retreat was the arrival of US and Australian Apaches was able to force the Empire back long enough for vehicle recovery vehicles to recover the stuck Abrams and Bradley's.

This battle is considered the bloodiest battle for US soldiers' sense the Battle of Philadelphia. Fifteen dead and thirteen wounded. The brass believed the ground would be stable enough for a ground assault because the lack of rain for the past week. Colonel Henry Camble said he never seen mud and rain fall like this." – Free Alnus News

***

--- League Principality ---

August 21st, 2025

Princess Piña Co Lada gets off her horse and adjusts her armor. Making her feel more respectable. She then looks over to Grey. "Is this the final group, right?"

"I believe so. My contacts said the last three were sent here," Grey responds.

Pina takes a deep breath. This has been a hard time for her, having to face many foreign ideas and challenging some core beliefs. But deep down inside she feels great for what she did. Before the war she never would have done anything like this, never seeing what the point would be. Now, she feels like nothing could stop her.

She cannot help herself but smile from her recent accomplishments. In Alguna, her title had no weight(1) but was able to get what she wanted because of the situation that was unfolding. Trading her crown(2) for a human life which allowed her to save those tree prisoners. While the move was not popular at first, she decided that even if she never sees these people again, it was worth it. Winning her first battle made her feel like she belongs out here with everyone else.