V13 - Chapter 160

"The United States Congress officially passed a bill into law, creating the Department of Research and Development.

The idea behind such a department is for the United States to maintain its lead in research and technological innovation against near peer-competitive countries like Russia and China.

The Speaker of the House Madison Kennedy stated, this new department will look at the discoveries of the Special Region called Uros. Uros being an ancient god in the new world, sticking with the tradition in naming terrestrial bodies from ancient gods.

Outside the war effort, the United States Geological Survey discovered a new ore called Adamantium, a metal that is lighter but stronger than titanium. The other clear priority is to research the topic of Magic and see if US scientists can learn to unlock the strange ability.

While House Speaker Kennedy mentioned those two subjects, the new department is meant to find new resources and discoveries on the new world and see if there is any application for commercial and industrial use." - Jessica Moore, SCNR

*** 

--- The Ticaret Conglomerate, Capital City Ticaret ---

Falson El Altin is standing outside the clothing marketplace. Inside, the prostitute blue Siren Tyuwal, is picking out new clothing inside a shop.

The store is located in his district, mainly imports from Edras. While he thinks their culture is strange, he does consider their clothing very fashionable and profitable. That was before their fall though.

"If you are not careful you will have to buy your own inventory for yourself," Eliot Bilberry said, jokingly.

He crosses his arms and thinks. "My grandfather always warned me how expensive women are. I had no idea how true that was. But at least I can give myself a good deal."

"You should be careful," Bilberry said. "It is not wise to have one of Nara head prostitutes with you in public like this."

He looks at his friend in confusion. "Explain yourself?"

"I don't mean to offend," Bilberry said, getting a little nervous. "I know you and Nara's house has been close for decades but she did betray you(1) in the vote."

"I told you that was to misdirect the other houses," he replies. "War was going to happen no matter what. The Empire deal was too good to reject(2)."

"I understand," Bilberry said. "But I was thinking, what if Nara is using you? We all know her influence has been growing and she wants her house to become one of the top Houses."

He takes a breath as he has considered this already. He and Nara have worked well together for decades like working in major projects like the first Ticaret bank.

Her family house was small and risked being crushed by the bigger Houses in the city. His grandfather helped her and provided funds and protections. With this breathing room, this allowed her to build a respectable House and market within the Conglomerate.

While Nara still relies on his House for money and protection, she has become a well-respected institution. He knows Nara wants to be among the big boys and make policy for the Ticaret Conglomerate. He also knows she wants to expand her market to the rest of the Empire, just like Gumus Family.

He does wonder if Nara is lying to him about her plans. That maybe she made an arraignment with the other Houses behind his back. That is the Ticaret way. But deep down inside he doesn't believe she would do that to him. The other Houses yeah but not to him.