V04 - Chapter 42 RM

"This is Alnus News, two weeks from now Secretary of State Bob Nelson will be meeting the other NATO nations. Very little has been said however it is widely believed in setting up a new organization for the Special Region or otherwise known as Uros by the State Department. The goal is to provide medical attention to the people in Alnus and to conduct research to find cures from our world." - Free Alnus Radio

***

--- Fort Alnus ---

June 16th, 2025

It has been a long day for Vanguard-7. It was only that morning when everyone thought there was going to be peace. All the stress and horrors they have been through and witness was supposed to be resolved with that treaty. At least that is what the unspoken hope was. Apparently, it was a false hope.

With the realization that peace is no longer an option, the war is going to escalate, and everyone knew it. Now that it is known that the Empire has taken people from Earth as slaves, the question is what are we going to do about it?

This operation has been a massive disappointment for Sharpe.

"Roger that Command, thanks for the escort. We will get you more information," he said over the radio to Alnus Command.

Then Sharpe grabs his vehicle radio so he can talk to his team. "Everyone be advised, we have a A-10 inbound for escort. Until we get to Italica keep eyes out." So far it seems that Sharpe's threat that if anyone stopped them from leaving has succeeded.

He can hear both First Lieutenant Sarah Rose and Specialist Jerry William talking to the girl. Jerry has been trying to give her giving her medical attention. She has many cuts and bruises. Once they got out of Sadera, they are giving her some food and water.

When they first enter the city, it looked unbelievably beautiful and civilized, ignoring the slavery part. On the way out of the city, it just looks like a house of horrors that would see from an HBO or Stars show.

The only good thing that has come out of this ordeal is the fact they saved one of their own. That alone was worth coming all this way. Everyone in the convoy is trying to comprehend how something like this could happen but for him, he has seen similar things during his tours in South-east Asia.

As the convoy heads to Italica, Sarah pops her head between both front seats.

"Hey, Major. What's the game plan?" Sarah asked.

"We go back there and kick their ass," Andrew commits, in an angry tone. He is usually one of the more cheerful Rangers on the team.

"Quiet Corporal. Just drive," he orders in his commanding tone, trying to control his anger. He then looks to Sarah. "I just got off the horn with Lieutenant General Stanford. He wants info now."

That surprised Sarah. It does make sense though, with the current situation. "What kind of information? Can't it wait? I rather let her rest. It looks like they beaten and raped her often." She said softly, trying to keep the conversation as private as possible. Which would be hard in a small vehicle.

Sharpe thinks about what he wants to say and then speaks softly. "He wouldn't tell me yet. He's talking to the President now." He pauses to think. "Were defiantly going back in but, we need to know where to strike."

"I understand but can it wait until we get back to base?" Sarah asked again.

"Negative," Sharpe said. "Since they know we value prisoners, command believes they might try moving or do something far worse to any more of our people, and I agree. Time is not on our side."