V07 - Chapter 72 Karlin RM

***

--- Fort Alnus, Sharpe Quarters---

August 26th, 2025

"Dear Miritta, I know the arena of war is not you're within your domain however I please ask you again to protect my new father from harm. Please use your strength to caste an orb and protect him and the rest of the Rangers from harm from this world. Please, I don't want to lose anyone anymore...," Selina said.

She opens her eyes and looks up. She is sitting on Sharpe's bed, only waking up an hour ago.

"This is no use... I do not have a shrine to worship. There is no way that Miritta will ever listen to my voice. I haven't properly paid since...," She said as she begins to think.

She thinks about the second time she was in Italica(1), right before the failed peace mission to Sedera(2). At the worse time, she bled for the first time on what Sarah calls a period. This means she is now a woman and according to the Cult Prissiest back in Edras, she must prostitute herself to be blessed by Miritta.

She remembers after that she was cuddling on Sharpe's lap afterward, fast asleep. She never felt safer in her life. But it seems like every time something is going on with her, it seems like she ends up complicates the situation. But now that he is gone, she did not realize how much she missed leaning her head on his shoulder and watching his silly shows and him making up stories about random things.

This has become an issue while living with these people. Sharpe and everyone else do not want her to prostitute herself for her god, thinking the act is wrong. Lelei helped explain it to her, summing it up that they want her to wait for someone she loves.

While she likes that idea, she is scared that she will not be connected and touched by Miritta. The Cult Prissiest were clear about Miritta will.

After taking a deep breath she gets up and pulls off her blue with stars pajamas and head to the bathroom. Getting in the shower, she knows that she only has a limited amount of time before the warm water goes cold. On the wall, there is this black mark the leads up to the ceiling from a magic blast. That happened when Lelei nearly destroyed the bathroom after the Sedera Raid(3).

The water starts to flow out of the shower spout. The first time she did that, she remembers getting really scared by the shower spout. Never in her life she ever has seen the waterfall from a device like this, it being pushed by air or something in the pips. Now, it seems natural, normal.

Once she gets out, she grabs a towel and covers herself. She walks over to the sink.

"Lusaw Melua Mar se su," Selina begins to sing to herself softly, a song her mother once sang to her, about love and family. As she sings, she opens the drawer and takes out a brush and a tampon. "I hate when this happens, thank you, Sarah."

She begins to tear up a bit, now thinking of her dead mother. But then realizes that Sarah has been helping her out recently. She has been overly nice and does not understand why. Now that she thinks about it, she has not done anything nice for Sarah but has taken time out of her busy schedule to watch her. Everyone seems to be stopping everything just for her.

"It is ok Selina, it is ok." Selin said to herself as she wipes the tears from her eyes.

Once she finished cleaning herself up in the bathroom, she walks back to the bed. Once there, she grabs the duffle bag on the ground and sits it on the end of the bed.

She adjusts the towel and begins looking through the bag. "What do I want to wear today. A dress or a skirt today. What about this?" She asked herself as she looks through all the clothes she brought over.