V07 - Chapter 78 Girls Morning

Today we got word that the Senate passed the official peace treaty with the Kingdom of Alguna. Alguna agrees to end all breeding programs with Orcs and agrees to accept temporally rule by the Elbe Fiefdom.

Brigadier General Harvey Davies at Fort Talas has said that they will continue to occupy the Kingdom however security will be transferred to Elbe.

Many in Congress believes this will prevent further attacks by the other Kingdoms in the region while. The 2nd Armored Division was reactivated during the President public address after the Sadera Raid. Reports say the 2nd Armor will be taking over the occupation of Alguna. – SCNR News

***

--- Fort Alnus, Communication Center ---

September 2nd, 2025

After an intense mission at the fortress, Sergeant Major Randy Dodson has finally got the time he been waiting for. It took a few days to get everything properly arrange however he is overly excited.

He walks into the Communication Center that is on the military base. The computers here are uplinked back to Earth. The military built a connection line through the Gate to allow two-way communication besides radio.

Because of how complicated and logistics that was needed, only senior staff from both NATO and State Department can use the direct uplink. Now though, enough bandwidth has been created to allow soldiers to call home and say hi to their families in limited capacity.

He walks into the building and sees this red hair siren lady. He has seen other native Alnus people taken desk and clerk jobs. The public statement said to help the Alnus economy and to free up military personal.

"Hello, mam. How is your day today?" He asked her.

"Thank you, I am doing fine. Was late today for work but it has been a slow day since you fine-looking men are off to war." The siren women say.

He can see the clerk women eyeing him up. Her eyes show that she is impress his physical fitness and features.

"For a man your age, I am impressed. Nice muscles Sergeant Major." She said to him. "It is Sergeant Major correct? I said it right?"

He will suddenly feel uncomfortable by that, not use to being hit on by the locals. "Ahh, thanks. And yes, it is."

"No problem big guy. I still can't believe you people can talk and see each other but not be next to each other." She said.

"Don't worry, most people don't. They just want it to work. What station?" He responds, wants to just do what he came here to do.

"You are in station thirty-five. Here is your card for it." She responds.

"Thank you." He said and then heads inside.

Randy walked inside, he sees some other soldiers and Marines at some tables, talking into a webcam. The siren woman was right, this place does not seem to be busy right now. Most of them are off fighting in the Elies theater or occupying Alguna.

After a short walk, he sees station thirty-five. He walks up to it and sits down. He puts on the card and the computer screen turns on.

He logs in on Skype, the service the military uses so military personal can contact their families.

After about a five-minute wait, the screen turns on and he sees his beautiful blond wife Mercia. "Hey baby, how are you doing."

"Hi Randy. Finally, we can do this, I missed you so much, honey. Kids, come here." Mercia said.