V10 - Chapter 113 After

*** 

--- Sadera, Imperial Senate ---

December 14th, 2025

Zorzal watches over the Senate floor as the Senators argue about the recent events.

"What is the meaning of this?" Marquis(1) Palesti yells as he walks around the senate floor. "We have lost the greatest monument the Empire has created. The symbol of our might and power. The Fortress of Legrath fallen in just a morning."

"Don't overblow it. Legrath isn't the greatest monument," Podawan corrects.

Palesti takes a breath and Podawan spoke. While he Senator, he leads the Wyvern Corp. In the past, the Wyvern Corps and Dragon Corps were a keystone in victories and domination. Now, they have been worthless from the enemy superior Wyvern 'aeroplane'. While a strong ally in the Senate, he has become worthless on the battlefield

"Don't shade the situation," Palesti counters.

As Zorzal sits on his throne, he looks down at the senate floor, watching the Senators yell at each other. When the news first arrived that the fortress has fallen, the Imperial Senate called for an emergency meeting to discuss the current situation.

Like always, he hears then same old people protesting the war, saying how hopeless it is. The arguments have become hollow to him now, saying the same things each time. They never says anything that might help with the war effort.

The man speaking now is Palesti, a very wealthy and powerful Nobleman from a strong family. He and his father headbutted many times but there always mutual respect between them as both did what they thought was best for the Empire. Unlike the other Pro-Peace senators, he at least helping the government during this crisis, separating his personal feelings and his duty to the State.

However, when he got the news that his only child joined the enemy with his sister Pina, it hit him hard. He was so upset he publicly disowned his daughter on the senate floor and supported the declaring that stated the Rose-Order of Knights as rebels.

Many of the Pro-Peace faction was forced to support the motion. Many of them backed his sister's during her peace attempt and they all lost a lot of influence and power when it fell apart. While it didn't end the Pro-Peace faction, a few did leave and joined The Neutrals in the Senate.

When his coup happened(2), everything seems to be moving smoothly. His father is imprisoned, the Centurions Tribes, The Knights of Talis and more importantly the Army and the Oprichnina loyalty. His father was running the war into the ground. Regardless of your political beliefs, everyone agreed that something needed to change.

Decades of being friendly and making friends with the Noblemen and establishment is paying off. Most of the government has fallen in line with him taking the throne. The Senate, while approving the change of leadership wasn't as welcoming as he thought.

When he got news from his friend Herm Fule Maio killed his bastard of brother Krysist(3), the Senate and the Noblemen celebrated. Even most of the Pro-Peace faction joined in the celebration, besides Casel El Tiberius.

Five years ago, Krysist and his loyalists were crushed during his Sadera rebellion and were forced to the Northern Regions. At the end of the day, he can always count on people to protect his power and purse.

When his father Molt told him that Krysist is his older stepbrother, that made him wonder if he was trying to seize the throne. If that is true, Krysist would return and his alliance with Diabo might have would prevent him from taking the throne. He knows he is destined to be Emperor, not his bastard of a brother.