V06 - Chapter 70 Road to Legrath RM

"The Senate Alnus and NATO Expeditionary Forces Committee agreed to the State Department to allowed to a defector economist to help lead the Alnus economy. The defector is Ekloias El Fremis, was once a proud member of the Imperil Ministry of Economics. He helped his superiors managed the Imperial economy.

During the Raid on Sadera in which five civilians were freed from slavery, Ekloias was key to finding our people. What allowed the Rangers and Navy Seals to rescue them so quickly was thanks to Ekloias providing all their locations.

After disavowing the Empire, he agreed to help set up the growing Alnus economy. State Department economics have been deployed to help manage the economy however struggled to make headway. The main issues it that they and other NATO personal are sill learning the economics of this world and do not have the trading contacts.

From freeing slaves, slaves trying to escape to NATO occupied territory, or other people from all races looking for a fresh start have been flooding the Alnus Community. The goal is to help provide jobs and regulation to help manage the situation." – Free Alnus News

***

--- Sharpe Command Vehicle ---

August 24th, 2025

After picking up Tuka and Hardus from being chased by a Troll, both Vanguard teams are now heading off on their new mission. While Sharpe is upfront of his command vehicle, doing his commander duties, Lelei is in the back listening to the two elves as they speak.

As Lelei listens to Tuka explain their story, she cannot help but notice how expressive she is. Her arms are waving around as she describes her story. She always thought Rory Mercury was express however she seems to be, the difference is that she is more focus when she expresses herself. Tuka, on the other hand, seems to be all over the place.

Lelei looks to her left and sees Rory. She watches and Rory slowly turns her head to face her. Based on her expression, she is thinking about the same thing.

"Am I like this?" Rory asked quietly.

She slowly shakes her head no. "You are more focus and trying to press people buttons, as Alicia describes it. She, I don't know."

She looks back at Tuka and notices that she is still going. As she listens to the story, she feels a little inferior. Growing up she has always been the quiet one. Carefully picking every word before speaking. This has resulted in her showing some emotion in conversations and as Major Sharpe explains it, she is an academic.

There are times though she wishes she could be more like Rory, Alicia, Sarah or even now this girl. Whenever one of them talk, they always get everyone's attention. Able to tell an interesting story and always getting people's attention.

To Tuka credit, she is impressed by the story. Eight years of on and off running from their home. Coming from the far west, not a close-by place. Starting from how their people were betrayed by the Edras Kingdom to being hunted by the Centurions to being betrayed by many people who took them in and now the Empire. She wonders how she will react to Selina, assuming they will meet.

"That is an interesting story Tuka," She said.

"Tell me about it. You two have been through a lot. I am glad you two are back together." Rory adds.

"Why thank you. It is all thanks to Hardus. He risked his life to save us, I feel bad that all his people died in the attempt," Tuka said in a cheerful voice

That is when she sees Hodor elbow his daughter on the arm. "Tuka."

Tuka looks at her father and then rolls her eyes while smiling. She then looks back at Rory. "And of course, thank you and your friends."