V12 - Chapter 148 Battle at Mount Tube

***

--- Schwarz Forest, Roldom Valley, Mount Tube ---

February 9th, 2026

Sharpe sees these Draconians flying all around in the chamber. His Rangers were able to take out two of them while they were still bottled in that ceiling hole. They are in light armor and using swords or spears.

He looks around and sees one of them flies past Frost, just missing him with his spear. Frost takes his shotgun and fires, taking out one of the wings.

He looks over and sees Alicia being Alicia.

"Let's light them up!" Alicia yells and opens fire towards the ceiling.

Tuka is running towards a wall. He sees her jump and starts to run on the wall for a little bit. It reminded him of those Japanese swordsmanship movies. She is using the compound bow that he got her for. She fires her arrows as quickly as she can trying to pick them off.

He looks to Lelei and sees a Draconian going after him. "Alicia, protect Lelei while she breaks the door."

"Sir!" Alicia said, confirming that she heard his order. She starts running to Lelei's position.

Alicia runs past Andrew as he covers her. She holds up her M4A1 rifle and fires a burst to her left but misses. She rushes past a small patch of old swords and grabs one.

Alicia sees a Draconian land by Lelei. Lelei uses her magic to create a shield.

"Hey, you Blue Horn fuck. Leave her alone!" Alicia yells.

The Draconian looks towards her and swings his blade. Alicia drops and slides past the Draconian. She gets up and swings the sword she picked up slicing the Draconian.

The Draconian spins around and wipes its tail at Alicia, knocking her on the ground. She quickly gets up and uses the sword she picked up and blocks the counterattack. She uses his momentum and Ranger training to spin him over her.

Alicia then gets up and sees the Draconian back on his feet charging at her. But he suddenly stops because she has her rifle at him. "Sucker." She flips it from single to automatic and unloads a clip into the Draconian.

"Thank you, Specialist Alicia," Lelei said.

"You're all good, kid. Just call me Alicia. and just hurry up." Alicia said and then looks back to the fight. "Anyone else want a piece of me?!"

He sees Alicia protecting Lelei and smirks. That is one less thing he has to worry about.

"Frost, Andrew, Tuka form up," He orders over the radio. Right now, they are scattered throughout the chamber. A soldier can only look in one direction and sooner or later one of these Draconian get a lucky shot from behind. "Fall back to Lelei."

All of them move to Lelei and start to cover her. Being all formed up and with the wall to their backs they now can focus their attention on the same direction.

He sees two more fall from getting shot. The one that Frost shot before is running towards them, but he takes him out with a headshot.

He then hears a small explosion from behind. He turns around and sees smoke coming from the door.

"I did it Major," Lelei said. "I am sorry it took so long. It was surprisingly tough."

"All good," He said. "Yao get your people out of her." He then looks to Tuka and Frost. "I want you two back to the exit. Create a defense line until the civilian's retreat."