V05 - Chapter 54 Operation Donut RM

*** 

--- Resort, United States, Earth ---

July 14th, 2025

Early in the morning of the next day, Rory is walking around the lobby, thinking about what happened last night. She has seemed so much death during the near thousand years she has been alive. Some of it is very brutal and horrific. For a while now, she always had a feeling something like this would happen with him.

She remembers when she first time she saw Sharpe. At first, she thought he was just another man. It was remarkably interesting that he was ordering his people to help the villagers though(1). But sometimes you run into noble ideologue idiots like him, trying to help but they usually end up dead. This time though she saw something different. Something she never saw in her world. He stopped everything and saved that little girl Selina. If he knows her in some manner that might have made sense, but he was not even from this world.

In a world where women are taken advantage of by bad men daily, especially cute little girls like her. That moment told Rory everything she needed to know about him. Everything else since has been icing on the cake, so the Americans say. Just like she told Sergeant Alicia the night before attacking the Elies fort(2), it is that he loves people. As Sarah said about Apollo, he willing to go out and protect anyone he does not know.

Both Selina and Lelei are walking to her right. They do not know what happen last night and she has been debating on if she should tell them or not.

Looking at them, smiling and happy. Yesterday was probably the best day for them. Hell, for all three of them in a long time. All this time he has been dealing with that pain but always taking care of us three. Always making sure they are included, feel like they are not strangers and but more.

"I have an idea," Rory states. Her face clearly shows she is scheming of something.

They look at her.

"What is it, Rory?" Selina asked her, confused.

"Well, we had fun, right? Our fearless leader help set all this up, just for us," Rory said. "Let's try to do something back."

"Like what?" Lelei asked, confused about what Rory is thinking. From her experience, she has discovered that Rory is the random one of the team. The wild card as the Americans saying is.

From her long life of experience, she has learned much about Man. "What is the most important feature that all men have in common?"

"Sex?" Lelei answers back, confused why Rory brings this up.

Selina then answers. "How about war and fighting?"

"How about being rude to their friends. I think it is called sarcasm?" Lelei understands what sarcasm is but does not understand how it works.

"What about drinking?" Selina adds.

Rory signs and then glares at them. "No..., well all that is a yes but not what I meant. I meant food...!"

"You don't know much about boys, do you?" Selina asked, also confused at what Rory trying to say.

"I know more than you!" Rory yells at Selina and then crosses her arm, marching forward.

"I was thinking we go into the kitchen and make Major Sharpe something," Rory explains her plan.

"I love that idea!" Selina said, on board of the plan.

"But we don't know how to use their cooking equipment," Lelei points out.

"... We will figure out something," Rory responds.