CEO

Greyson Parker, 25 At the top

***Greyson's POV***

"Thank you for coming. We will be in touch." I usher the sixth person that I have interviewed today out the door.

"Is it five o'clock yet?" I huff out to my best friend, Mark.

"I wish. Where did the staffing service dig these applicants up from? I have seen better candidates on CNN." Mark jokes.

"How fucking hard can it be to get a decent assistant?" I groan while falling back into my leather office chair.

"Harder than finding a virgin at a sex club." Mark shrugs.

"You would bring sex into this." I shake my head.

"Speaking of sex, when's the last time you got laid?" Mark raises an eyebrow.

Considering I'm a virgin, never.

"I literally would rather do interviews than talking about my nonexistent sex life." I slap Mark upside his head.

"Ow!" Mark whines dramatically.

"Don't be a pussy." I laugh loudly.

"Speaking of pussy." Mark starts again.

"You know I'm gay, ass wipe." I salute Mark with my precious friend, the middle finger.

"Fine, speaking of dick." Mark grins.

"Out!" I shout as I point towards the door.

Mark throws his arms out in mock surrender.

"Call the temp agency. I needed someone here yesterday. Pay whatever they ask." I shoo Mark away.

"Sir, yes, sir," Mark cackles.

Why did I offer him a position?

Because he is your best friend, he graduated top of his business class.

Slipping my sunglasses on, I shove my cell in my pocket. I snatch my keys off of the desk before heading out to lunch.

I unlock my Aston Martin, slip inside and throw it in reverse. I just need a break from the bullshit of another day as CEO.

I pull into the parking lot of my favorite Italian restaurant, Maialino.

I approach the hostess as she waves.

"Good afternoon, Mr. Parker." The hostess smiles.

"It's good to see you, Marcella." I wink.

She ushers me to my usual table as she sets down my glass of wine. I come here most days during the workweek. I don't even have to order. I sit. They serve. It's a cozy place with a hometown feeling during the lunch hour.

I scroll through my phone while I wait for my food. I'm flipping through my emails. I like to keep them current. If I ignore them too long, they become overwhelming.

Sometimes I play Words With Friends. They aren't my friends, but I like a challenge. It is something to do to pass the time.

I don't do social media, so Facebook is out.

Being the Owner and CEO of one of the top ten most successful companies in Manhattan comes with unwanted publicity. My personal life does not exist. I literally cannot sneeze without a tabloid whispering that I contracted the swine flu.

Parker, Inc. is my adopted baby. The company has investments in every industry ranging from auto parts, energy, metals, rail cars, casinos, food packaging, real estate, and every type of fashion.