Threat

Grey's Parents
Martin and Amelia Parker

***Mak's POV***

Mark is still completely lost in his world of loneliness. Grey and I spend a lot of time with Mark. But, there is only so much our presence can mend. I feel awful about Sebastian walking away the way he did. If I'm honest, I can't understand it.

Grey and I are doing fantastic. I love that man with my entire heart. I love being with him. Working together is a huge bonus. We literally spend all our time together. That may seem unhealthy, but it's completely perfect.

I sit at my desk while Grey steals glances thru his office door which is permanently propped open. He thinks he is being slick. I wink at him to prove I am on to him.

Grey busts out laughing knowing that he has been caught.

Again!

I love the attention from him. He makes me feel loved and needed.

I scroll thru my emails, separating the important ones and junking the trash. I come across one from an unfamiliar address and open the email. Surely it will be filed in the junk pile.

Wednesday,
11:57 pm

Mr. Oliver,

Or should I say Jenkins. Let's not pretend. I fully expect you to know who I am. I know who you are. Meet me at your favorite diner on Friday at noon. You have something that belongs to me.

Your not so secret admirer.

I gasp as a chill runs down my spine.

No. Fucking. Way.

I stand up and walk into Grey's office and close the door behind me. I sit down on his leather sofa. Grey smirks as he walks over. Then he notices the look of fear on my face.

"Mak? What happened?" Grey whispers as he kneels in front of me.

"Email. They found me." I whisper.

"Who?" Grey stresses.

"They know my real name." I shakily huff out. My hands cover my face. Fear wraps itself around me.

"Who?" Grey asks again.

"My parent's business associates." I whisper unable to speak louder.

"What did they say?" Grey asks.

"They want me to meet them at our diner on Friday at noon. They want my parents files. I don't have them. They are in an evidence box somewhere." I explain.

"Calm down, Baby. We will figure something out." Grey promises. I don't feel any better. These people are vile. They could make me disappear.

"I'm scared." I look into Grey's beautiful chocolate brown eyes.

"I will protect you." Grey nods.

I jump into his arms and hold on for dear life. I don't want to lose Grey. I wanna get married and adopt babies. I want to spend my life with Grey. I'm so fucking scared.

"Mak, baby? I'm gonna have to involve my Dad." Grey tells me. I nod my head into his shoulder.

Grey holds me in his lap while he taps away on his laptop and makes phone calls. When lunch comes, Grey calls Mark to get us food and come sit with us. Mark eats lunch while listening to Grey explain what he has planned.

As we go to leave the office for the day, I find myself surrounded by four burly men. I jump at the sight before Grey explains they are security guards. They walk us to Grey's car before they retreat back into the building.