Face Off

***Mak's POV***

I wake up with a knot in the pit of my stomach. No, it had nothing to do with the copious amounts of junk I consumed in The Magical Kingdom. Sweat beads my forehead and I can feel the encore of last nights dinner rising.

I swiftly jump from the bed and expel the contents of my enraged tummy.

I pant over the porcelain God. I lean my head against the plastic seat. My stomach trembles from the acid burning it's lining. I don't want to do this.

"Shhh. Baby, don't cry." Grey whispers. His hands rake through my dampened hair. I don't even realize I'm crying until he calls me on it. I lean back against Grey and throw my hands over my eyes.

"I'm scared." I whimper. Sniffles escape my shaking lips.

"I know, Baby. I know." Grey rocks us backwards and forwards.

"I can't do this." I cry.

"You don't have to. We will find some other way." Grey promises.

Just his offer has my stomach settling down.

"Let's take a shower and go meet the guys." Grey urges. He lifts me to my feet and starts the water. He peels my boxers off and then his own. He leads us into the shower and under the steaming stream of water.

His hands massage my shoulders and he washes my body in my soap. Then his hands make their way to my head where he washes my hair. The tingling of his fingertips gingerly digging into my scalp make me release a sigh of contentment.

"Relaxed?" Grey whispers next to my ear before kissing behind it.

"Mmhmm." I hum.

"Good." Grey kisses my lips and hastily washes his body. He grabs two towels and we go about getting ready for today.

In no time, we are standing before Mr. Martin. His presence does nothing to calm my frayed nerves. I repeatedly scrub my hands across my jeans. The sweat continues to build on my palms.

"I don't know Dad, he isn't okay." Grey announces.

"Son, can you give us a minute?" Mr. Martin requests. Grey nods, kisses my temple and the room empties.

"Come sit." Mr. Martin pats his hand on the leather sofa, on the seat beside him. I waste no time in following his directions.

"Mak, I know how scared you are. I really do. I understand. I wouldn't ask this of you, if I thought you were incapable. The truth is, we need you. For years we have chased this piece of shit. We followed him, traced his phone calls and bugged his office. Nothing. You are all we have." My. Martin scrubs his hand down his face. He looks at me with sincerity and his pleading eyes don't go unnoticed.

"I will do it. I'm just struggling." I confess.

"You are so much stronger than you realize." Mr. Martin encourages me.

"I can't see where you're coming from." I shrug.

"You never know how strong you are until being strong is your only choice. You have overcome so many obstacles. And here you are." Mr. Martin smiles at me. His eyes twinkle and I am mesmerized.

"You should be a motivational speaker." I chuckle.

"I am all I need to be when it comes to my family. Mak, you are my family. Don't let this bastard win. Let this be his final stand. Fight back." Mr. Martin urges.

I think for a few minutes. The past comes rushing thru my memories like a tidal wave. My emotions run thru me and I shiver. I turned in my own fucking parents. I struggled thru school with little money. I lived in a shit hole. I worked odd jobs. I studied my ass off. For what? If I let this dumpster fire win, it was all for nothing. I am better than that.