Where Everything Began

💖 Don't forget to vote/comment! 💖

***Mak's POV***

Don't ask where that little moment of panic came from. I couldn't tell you. I just had this sense of fear overwhelm me. I suddenly felt like maybe I was annoying. Maybe, I'm a lot to handle. I'm touchy, needy and most of all I'm always around.

Grey, as usual, washed every fear away.

He's my anxiety blanket wrapped in the sexiest package ever. Grey is so much more than a boyfriend, well fiancée. He is everything I need, want and desire. He just has a way with me.

After finally getting out of the house, we get into the limo. It takes a big vehicle to carry our crowd all over Manhattan.

Amelia looks like a million dollars. I swear, how she was never a model is beyond me. Martin is, well Daddy Parker, duh. That grizzly bear of a man has stepped in and become the dad I always needed and the one I thought I would never have.

Seb and Mark are cuddled together. Nothing brings my heart more joy than watching those two together. It's like fate couldn't stand the thought of keeping them apart. I know I couldn't. The idea is preposterous. It's funny to think that Mark was a womanizer at one point.

We pull up to the fanciest restaurant I have ever laid eyes on. Now that I see it, I feel terrible. I ruined Grey's big night. My meltdown had him propose prematurely. I didn't know I was going to freak out. I didn't know he had these plans. I hope he isn't upset.

"What are you thinking so hard about?" Grey kisses my lips as he grabs my hand and pulls me out of the limo.

"Nothing Daddy, I love you." I push my face into his chest, seeking his warmth.

"If you love me, you don't lie. Spill it." Grey cups my jaw and rubs his thumb over my bottom lip.

"I'm just sorry." I whisper the words. I can't unfeel the guilt. It just kind of sits on my chest like an unwelcomed elephant. Not that anyone would willingly let an elephant sit on their chest. But, whatever.

"Because I know you, I understand what you're thinking. You're wrong. It doesn't matter how I got to ask. It just matters that you are the one I proposed to. It matters that you said yes. So, for me, please stop badgering yourself over things of no consequence. If you don't want to ruin this night, and I know that is not your intention, than just be happy. I am happy. I am so fucking happy. Mak, you and only you, make me happy." Grey's lips capture mine once again and I sigh into his mouth. He is so fucking perfect.

"Let's go eat. I'm starving, fiancée." I wrap my hands around Grey's large bicep and place a kiss through the blue button up.

"He good?" I hear Mark as he whispers into Grey's ear.

"He's amazing." I roll my eyes playfully and smile.

"Just checking." Mark reaches his hand over and ruffles my hair.

Eleven Madison Park is gorgeous. The decor reminds you of something you see in a wedding magazine. The ceilings are extremely high, the lighting sits low. The round tables are double clothed and individually placed for four.

We walk through the main dining hall to the back. A private room is set up, much like a small rehearsal dinner, fitting.

We have two servers to guide the ten of us through our dining experience. It reminds me of the day I met Amelia and Martin. God, I was a fucking wreck. Actually, I still am. Let's just hope I don't threaten to fertilize the gardens with my dinner.