Don't Cry

This chapter is dedicated to my loyal reader 
ARR14532  Thank you for reading and commenting!

💖 Don't forget to vote/comment! 💖

***Mak's POV***

Sebastian is sick. This I knew. We all knew. Mark did not.

Watching the two latch on to one another like anchors in a stormy sea is heart warming and completely gut wrenching.

Mark's body lays beside Sebastian. His hands gripping his waist and cradling his head.

Sebastian just cries and cries. The tears pouring down like rain in a Manhattan window pane.

We can't speak, as a moment that we all anticipated finally unravels before us.

Mrs. Angela takes her time in making her way over to the bed. She gently wipes the tears, that seemingly have no shut off valve, from her son's face.

Sebastian smiles a quick, watery grin towards her before his focus goes right back to Mark.

Mark's shoulders slightly rise and fall. His tears are almost audible in the silent room. Not sure exactly which he is crying over, the reunion or the reality, I let my mouth whisper prayers to every god between heaven and hell that Sebastian isn't terminal.

Grey's arm circles my waist, pulling me tightly to his side. I wrap my arms around his middle and let happy tears of my own fall onto his deep blue shirt.

Kip and Mario stand like body guards, blocking entry or exit at the hallway opening.

"Don't cry, beautiful. This is hello for the last time." Sebastian lifts his arms from around Mark and tenderly wipes his thumbs across his cheeks.

"You left me." Mark screams out.

The silence is broken by his loud accusation.

"I know and I'm sorry. Please, don't cry." Sebastian pulls Mark to his face and captures his whimpers with his lips. Mark effectively stops yelling and his whole form falls forward. He grabs the back of Seb's neck, pressing their mouths together firmly.

Mark breaks the kiss with heavy panting. He hiccups and rubs his hand under his nose. He gladly accepts the tissue that Alex reaches over and hands him. He wipes his eyes and then below his nose.

Mark removes himself from a bewildered Sebastian and stands beside the bed.

After a moment of thought, I presume, he starts pacing the floor and rubbing his forehead in distraught.

"Mark, please." Sebastian lets out a heartfelt plea.

Mark puts his hand up in the air to halt all conversation.

"I'm mad. No scratch that. I'm fucking livid." Mark turns and looks at each of us with accusing eyes.

"You." Mark points to me and I just stand there. I know he is upset. I understand, so much, I understand.

"Mak? You? Why?" Mark walks up to me and I feel guilty, but not enough to worry over it.

I let him stand there, staring. He may want to smack me but, I could care less.

Grey pulls me closer. I push off his body and face Mark.

"I know you hate me right now, but I really don't give a shit. I wanted to bring you sooner. But, there was nothing I could do to quicken the trip. So, be angry. Yell. Scream and if you want to, punch me. I'm right here. But, know this Mark. We all fucking love you. This has been difficult on every one of us. We did the best we could. Accept that or don't. I'm still going to love you. You are still going to be my best friend." I stand there and wait to see his reaction to my heart, pouring open and spilling out all of the stress that the past few months had weighed upon me.