Rise

***Mak's POV***

I wake from my surprise nap. I stretch and groan as I lift my eyes to an open position. I feel different. Things don't feel as heavy. It's as if a burden had escaped my plate while I rested.

I stand and pull my shirt down. I scratch my neck and make my way towards the refrigerator. I open the door and pull out a bottle of water. I sigh as the cool liquid meets my parched throat.

I roam the rooms in our home, looking for my entourage. Spotting them on the balcony, I make my way outside. I quietly slip into Grey's lap. He wraps his arms around me, immediately placing a soft kiss on my cheek. His fingers plunder my hair, styling the messy mop of chocolate tendrils.

"Good morning, cutie." Grey whispers. His nose slides down my jaw as he nuzzles into my neck.

"Good afternoon, handsome." I giggle into his chest.

"How are you feeling, love?" Grey requests of me.

"Different." I look into Grey's beautiful questioning eyes.

"Different good? Different bad?" Grey probes.

"Good. Real good." I confirm.

"That's a pleasant thing to hear." Grey tilts my head with his large palm and kisses my forehead.

"Being a victim is so exhausting." Mark explains.

"You aren't telling me shit I don't know." I huff.

"Then stop allowing it to control you." Mario responds.

"I plan on it." I confirm.

"I'm so tried of living everyday in the shadows of the disillusioned abusers who reeked havoc in my world. I'm done with it. This is about me. My life. My expectations. My accomplishments and goals. They shop lifted enough. I gave them that power. Now I'm taking it back." I state firmly.

I stand from Grey's lap. He immediately stands up to follow me. I place my hand on his chest.

"This is about you and me. It's about all of us." I explain.

Grey nods and watches as I return to speaking.

"No more watching over our shoulders. No more worrying. Kip and Mario you deserve time to enjoy one another. Mark, I miss the carefree bullshit we are always up to. Grey, I just want to feel everything with you. This is it. This is me rising from the ashes and finally becoming me. I deserve that." I lean in to Grey and do the one thing I miss the most. I place my lips upon his mouth.

Grey tangles his hands in my hair instantly and delves into my mouth. I almost purr at the feeling.

Fuck I missed this.

My chest rises and falls frantically as blood courses thru every vein in my body rapidly.

I want nothing more than to devour Grey.

I pull him ever closer and mold my body to his form. Every nerve ending is begging to be lit. My mouth slots with Grey's, our lips moving deliciously against one another.

Grey pulls back and stares at me with a raging desire burning behind his brown orbs. I yank his face back and smash our mouths together again. My legs climb his body as his hands find my ass.

"Excuse us." Gray huffs out while his mouth is still being dominated by me.

He carries us to our bedroom and backs me into the wall. His left hand holds me against the flat surface while his right hand steadily pulls at my sweats.

My joggers fall to my ankles and Grey slips his hand over my throbbing member. I buck my hips and pant out harsh, desperate breaths. My head falls back onto the wall and I groan in appreciation of Grey's masculine skilled hands.