~Five million~

-"He wears the smell of blood and death like cologne."-

_____________________________

His name was Wrath.

People told children stories of him to warn their children to be good. Like the boogeyman or the Grim Reaper.

He only came out once. 9 years ago.

It was mayhem. A slaughterhouse. A war.

No one lived to tell the story. But the people close enough only saw that his eyes were soulless.

He had no pupil, no soul.

Since then, he has sat in the dark...sleeping and waiting to be woken up. He rests in the mind of another...wanting to come out.

He got his wish the moment someone hurt what was his.

A few hours earlier...

Luca has barely slept and spent hours either smoking, drinking, or punching a bag.

Or all of the above.

Thea called once to check on how he was doing since he got to New York. Luca knew better than to trouble her with his problems and make her worry about him, so he decided on lying to her about what was really going on. And after accidentally letting it slip that he was smoking, Thea scolded him for a good half an hour, going on and on how she was going to laugh when he had lung problems in ten years.

He hung up on her mid-rant. But whether he liked it or not, her rant worked and he put the cigarette out without even using it. But God knew that he needed it.

Midnight has not been seen at all since that night. She communicates through Blade and Blade only. She only shows up to fight and then leaves. Luca never caught up to her.

Luca hasn't paid attention to anything or anyone, thinking only of Midnight. He threw himself into work, taking on Antiono and Matteo's load as well. Ordering assassinations, killing some people himself, making deals, hiring more security, tracking shipments, and making sure everything was good at home were just a few.

He has been looking for blood, and he was finally going to get it.

"Don, one of the cartels that work under us was caught with embezzlement with our money," Matteo told Luca.

"Get the jet ready. We're going home," he grumbled as he finished off his cigar. Cigar not cigarette. Matteo gave Luca a curt nod in response and left his penthouse suite.

He took a burning hot shower and dressed in all black. A leather jacket and brass knuckles in his pocket to top it off.

He walked down to the lobby and got into the Aston Martin that was waiting for him. He drove carelessly through the streets and to the private airport.

He was surprised to see Blade, Oscar, Starr, and Ida there beside Matteo and Antonio in front of his jet.

"I clearly remember you saying 'we will come on your missions, you will come on ours,' so you can't get rid of us," Blade mocked as Luca gave a questioning look.

He was slightly jealous of Blade being the only person getting to talk to Midnight but knew that he had to stay true to his own words.

So he nodded and boarded the jet.

On a commercial flight it would have been a nine-hour flight, but having a special edition private jet had its perks, including cutting the flight time off by a couple of hours.

He went inside his private cabin and stayed there until they landed. He didn't tell his family he was coming back even if it was only for a few hours. He needed space, and he knew with one look from Thea he would come apart because he wanted nothing more than to hug her and vent.