~Cold~

-"He speaks softly to not disturb the monster in my blood."-

____________________________

He woke up in a cold bed. It was evident that she had been up for a long time since the vacant space next to him was cold and wrinkled. He had slept like a baby the whole night, not once waking up due to the deep sleep he was in. He had never slept this good in a while, and he knew it was because of her.

It was hard to sleep peacefully with the kind of life they lived. Even though he was born into this life and had no choice in the way he lived it, he still knew the nightmares were his fault.

Nobody forced him to kill. That was all him.

He frowned and groggily got up and looked around the room. She was nowhere to be seen. The clock read that it was seven a.m. It was the weekend and he planned to sleep in for another few hours.

He grumpily trekked down the stairs to look for her and carry her back to bed.

He found her on her laptop typing while still in her incredibly provocative night attire. Her black silk shorts that hugged her ass made him drool along with her matching top that showed too much of his liking if anyone else saw. She must've changed in the middle of the night.

He hugged her from behind making her heart skip a beat in surprise. He picked her up without saying a word and took her upstairs.

"Good morning to you too," she smirked. He scowled with his eyes still showing he was still tired.

"It would have been better if you were in the bed," he grumbled as they entered the room. She rested her chin on his herculean shoulder trying to suppress a laugh at his grouchiness.

She knew now that he was not a morning person.

He set her down at the center of the bed, with him between her legs. He laid down on top of her, with his bare and muscular body pressing against her small frame. He nuzzled his head in-between her breasts as the perfect cushion for him. He wrapped his arms around her waist tightly, hugging the life out of her.

She sighed in defeat and began to play with his jet-black, thick, wavy hair. In a matter of seconds, he was out like a light.

3 hours later she was still playing with his hair and tracing his back tattoos when he stirred in his sleep.

He yawned and lifted himself off of her and kissed her tenderly and softly. He glided his tongue over her bottom lip and bit it slightly.

"I want to take you out on a date," he mumbled in between kisses.

She almost choked on air.

The last time she had been on a date was eleven years ago and that was the first and worst date of all time. After that, she didn't do dates.

Her body tensed of the memories of that night, but she quickly dismissed them. This time would be different, she thought.

She was with someone different who wanted to show her what it was like when someone cared. Someone who just wanted the best for both of them.

"Okay," she responded. He smirked against her lips as he kissed her hard. Raising himself upon his hands, he hovered above her to get a better angle while never separating their lips. Her lips were sweet and so soft, making his mind haze over.

Gripping her toned thigh in his hand, he put it over his hip. She instantly wrapped it around his torso as he kissed his way down to her neck, teeth biting her skin. Her chest heaved for air as she felt his warm skin against her own.