~Tension~

-"Lethal Lust."-

______________________________

Tension.

So much tension.

It was a game of who would speak first in this pressure of silence.

She smelled like lilac, sage, and vanilla. Spicy yet sweet. Strong yet balanced. Earthy...yet rich.

She had to stand 5'7 at most...maybe 5'8, making her eye-level with his chest. Eye-level with his heart.

But he had yet to hear her voice.

He couldn't find any other word to describe her than perfect. Her level of authority certainly matched his. She was utterly his equal in every aspect.

No, she wasn't his equal.

She was above him, and he was more than okay with that.

He couldn't take it anymore, the silence.

But now there was the obstacle of coming up with what he was going to say. His mother always told him that first impressions were the only impressions and he usually was good at meeting people but she just made it so hard.

"Why us?" he asked. His voice was like the sharp edge they needed to cut that tension and it seemed to work.

But she couldn't resist the goosebumps on her spine when she heard his voice.

It was deep. Very deep.

Husky, low, and butter-smooth.

It was velvet but silk. Dark yet exciting. Alluring yet stoic.

It had a hidden undertone of provocative pleasure and her ears were left in a trance.

It was exactly as she imagined and so much more. It was unearthly in the most desirable way and she couldn't get enough.

"Well, it isn't every day that your only enemy proposes an alliance. I had to see if it was too good to be true for myself," she retorted calmly as if she wasn't close to ripping his clothes off just moments before.

The second he heard her tone he knew he was fucked.

It was smoky yet silvery and melodic. It was sultry just like he imagined but her tone was something you would hear at the gates of heaven. It was something he had never heard before and he was craving for more like another drop of water after a long drought.

"And what do you think? Is it too good to be true?" he asked, with an ulterior motive just to get her to talk again.

"I think I'll have my answer at the end of these 6 months," she responded. A small smirk made its way onto his lips and she knew that he was up to no good.

"So I'm guessing the King approved this alliance," he stated with the smirk growing. Or she approved this alliance since she could very well be the King.

"Don't get your hopes up but it does mean you're going to see me a lot more often," she stated with zero feelings in her words. Her voice seemed emptier than her eyes.

His eyes glinted with an undecipherable emotion as he licked his lips...agonizingly slow as his eyes dragged over her frame.

"I wouldn't have it any other way," he husked as he laced his fingers together, making the sexual tension return, stronger than before.

She felt as if a pit had formed into the bottom of her stomach and was invaded by a twisting sensation and a zoo of animals running around in entropy.

She didn't like it at all.