~Viktor~

-"I will be brutal."-

_______________________________

She was close to letting the drug take her away. Away from it all. She wanted to give up.

But she had to fight because she didn't know how to die quietly. She opened her eyes again, this time being determined to run.

She used all the strength she could muster and got the knife out of his hand and stabbed his shoulder with it.

He yelled out in pain, letting go of her. She ran like she had never run before.

Each step felt like she lifted 100 pounds, and sweat and blood ran down her skin as she shuddered from how cold she was feeling. She was dizzy and couldn't see straight but she ran through the empty streets of New York.

Everyone had locked their doors and barred their windows by now, making it harder for her to find safety.

She heard stomping behind her and knew Viktor was gaining on her. She used her muscle memory to guide her from the thousands of times she went down this street.

By fate, the closest and safest place was the Lux. So she ran harder, envisioning Luca at the end of it all. She began imagining being held in his arms and basking in the safety they always brought.

Viktor began to fire bullets at her feet. But by some miracle, her stumbling and groggy running avoided the hits.

She saw the golden K and ran harder, knowing it was the Lux.

Viktor knew that he wasn't going to win so he ran back to Night's Sins and left as fast as he could, planning his next move.

But Midnight's drugged mind still heard his heavy footsteps behind her. She ran inside and didn't waste a second running into the elevator and pressed Luca's floor. She trembled, losing the strength to fight any longer. She left a trail of blood in the lobby and it pooled in the elevator. She sunk on the tile as the elevator went higher.

With heavy breathing, she somehow ended up at his door and knocked lightly with just enough strength left in her.

The door opened a couple of seconds later. He caught a glimpse of her and his face immediately fell.

There she was, standing in his doorway.

Trembling and shaking,

A mix of sweat and blood trickled down her clothes. Bruises all along her body. From her thighs, waist, and face. Her eyebrow and lip oozed blood, as her nose bled.

Barely having enough strength to blink.

He shouted something incoherent to her ears as he pulled her in and lifted her bridal style. His arms were so warm compared to her ice-cold body.

She whispered something in his ear, before falling completely unconscious.

"V-V-Vikt-tor," she stuttered. She fell entirely limp in his arms. Luca felt his blood boil and his pupil shrinking but snapped out of it as he looked at her pale skin and bloody face.

He quickly grabbed his keys and put his jacket on top of her to keep her warm. He rushed to his car and strapped her in the back seat as he sped down the road.

He called Dr. Salib and told her what was going on and that he was on his way to the hospital. He called Blade, Oscar, Ida, Starr, Matteo, and Antonio after.

Every second, he looked back at her, to see that she continued shaking and sweating. She was getting worse.

By the time he got there, everyone was already there. Blade, Oscar, Matteo, and Antonio were furious and had grim expressions. They already had hitmen going after Viktor.