~Flashbacks~

-"Next time I'm opening up to someone is my autopsy."-

_______________________________

None of them got an ounce of rest on the flight to Sweden. Luca twidled the unworn engagement ring in his fingers that was attached to his gold chain like a charm.

Katrina barked hushed orders into her phone while her eyes remained glossed. Everyone could tell she was anxious about returning to her childhood country that held the most damaging and disturbing memories.

Starr stared at a computer screen, gathering as much information she could about Aria King. Antonio was sure that she hadn't blinked in over twenty minutes.

Meanwhile, it seemed like everyone else was in their own world just like Luca.

Thea reminisced the time when she and Midnight were in Bulgaria together.

Flashback

"Try to hit your opponent in the jaw. It's like the knockout button. Hit it hard enough and you've got them down," Midnight spoke.

Thea and one of the King's members circled each other in a sparring ring that resembled a boxing ring while Midnight stood outside of it, giving pointers.

Thea was in her prime after two months of training with Midnight. She was stronger than ever. She was just as lethal as Ida. She looked innocent but could snap your neck.

But she still had more to learn.

The opponent, a man, finally lurched at Thea and aimed for the Kidney. She knew from experience that Kidney punches hurt. A lot. That night in the alley was enough to have her avoiding it at all costs. They almost hurt as bad as diaphragm hits.

She remembered how her lungs spasmed and how she fought for air that night.

But all bad experiences came with meaningful lessons. And that night she learned a few things...

Never walk alone at night, and punch your opponents in the diaphragm and kidney.

She swiftly moved back, but since this man was remarkably bigger than her, he had an easier time forcing her back. Midnight observed, not speaking to avoid disrupting her focus but would interject if needed.

Thea was tougher, leaner, and stronger than before...and definitely less innocent.

With one quick movement, she slickly moved out from the man's reach and turned to where she was behind him. She threw a jab to the back of his neck, enough to have him stumbling and turning around to face Thea.

Before he could blink, she threw a fast but hard hit to his jaw, knocking him down. The man groaned and blinked lethargically as Thea laughed and held out a hand to him.

"Well played," the man grunted as he fought off the dizziness and accepted her hand to pull himself up.

"You're losing your game Mathew," Thea giggled as the man lurched over to the side and dangled his upper body over the rubber fencing that surrounded them, regaining his strength.

Mathew groaned in response.

"Or you are just getting better," Midnight interjected with a proud smirk. Thea got out of the ring and gave her a grateful smile.

"It's all because of you," she responded as she took off the tape around her fists.

"All I did was show you the steps, the rest came from you...Dabria," Midnight smirked. Thea playfully rolled her eyes as she helped Mathew get up again.