~Grave~

-"She's gone but she's everywhere."-

________________________________

(Play song now)

10 days later.

These past ten days have been the hardest anyone has ever been through. Blade had replaced her as the right hand, and Oscar was now the left hand yet the King hadn't done anything or even acknowledged her death.

The King hadn't even contacted Blade to discuss his new position as the right hand -which he reluctantly accepted. The thought of seeing and being in close contact with the King after all these years sent his skin crawling.

Eleven years. Eleven years he had witnessed Midnight's sleepless nights to complete the King's agenda. He had been there and watched as Midnight slowly killed herself every day because of the King.

He had seen the bruises.

Throughout the years, the only thing that Blade sleep peacefully was the idea that he worked for Midnight... not the King. Because the King was the villain. The King was the one who leaned back and didn't do anything while Midnight slaved her entire existence to him.

And now that was Blade's job.

He was just glad it didn't have to be Midnight anymore.

Thea had been in a coma since she got rescued. Today was the funeral and she had finally woken up but had no use of her voice because the chokehold Alexei put her in had bruised her vocal cords.

Luca also had not left her side along with everyone else. Right now, he'd do anything to keep everyone else he loved, alive.

He had been abnormally quiet, not speaking more than a couple of sentences a day.

He wasn't staying at the Lux anymore. Some of her clothes and things were still there and he couldn't bring himself to be around it. It all still smelled like her.

Everything he saw reminded him of her.

The whiskey he drank was strong...just like her. The blood he spilled was red and tinted...just like her blush when she got flustered.

The moon he saw each night...reminded him of the tattoo that was on his torso.

The glimmering lights of the skyline were just like the sparkle of her teeth and the twinkle in her eyes. The shadows in the dark reminded him of her eyes and raven hair that was...shiny like silk...just like the bedsheets. The sun that seemed to be duller looked like the golden chains and rings she wore all the time.

The emptiness in his bed was just like the vacancy in his heart...

He bought a mansion in New York, knowing he would be back at least once a month to visit her grave.

He couldn't sleep much without being reminded of that awful night. So he stopped trying altogether

.

Flashback

It felt surreal to see the person who gave the impression that she would never die, to fall to her death.

It seemed like all time had slowed when they screamed and raced to her with gunshots going off in their deafening ears.

He caught her before she hit the cold ground, pulling her close as the blood spread all over her chest. Tears of his own fell out as deja vu hit him.

It's hard seeing the person you love most...suffer and beat their last heartbeats.

You feel helpless.