~Obsessed~

-"At dusk, death came to me in the form of a man."-

_____________________________

2  weeks later.

She knew if they got too close, then nothing good would come out of it. She knew if he got involved then both of them would end up six feet under.

But it felt so good. She liked being prioritized by him. She was never prioritized by anyone. She didn't even prioritize herself.

To have someone care -intimately- was like walking all your life and then being gifted a car. You don't know what to do with yourself. At first, you're excited and want to use it to your advantage, but then you realize that you don't know how to use it. You never had it and it was difficult to adjust.

Ever since their little 'sparring session' he had made it his mission to check up on her every minute he got. From texting her, going down to her office, to talking to her after a fight, he was there.

And she would be lying if she didn't like the newfound attention.

And he would be lying if he didn't enjoy the sudden purpose in his life. He felt as if he had a reason to wake up in the mornings.

She was ready to risk it all, but she couldn't put his life in danger. She would rather die than put him and anyone else in harm's way.

"What are you thinking about?" he asked as she blew smoke from her cigarette but the autumn breeze blew it right back. Thea would shoot her in the head if she saw her right now.

She stood on the balcony that overlooked the blinding lights of New York City. It was nine p.m and the sun went down a long time ago, but the city noised and looked just the opposite.

The city seemed anything but calm, it reflected her emotions.

That's why she liked New York.

It echoed her chaotic soul.

Her brows furrowed, something she did when she was stressed. She also didn't smoke on the regular. She only did it if she was anxious and needed to be calmed down. For some reason, the cigarette didn't calm her down like it usually did.

He could tell that she had been on edge for the past few days.

"Nothing," she responded. He put his hands on her bare waist from behind, pressing his front against her back. She tensed but quickly relaxed in his hands. The familiar feeling of her stomach doing flips occurred again like every other time he had touched her.

She couldn't shake the thought that this whole thing was going too fast for her liking but she didn't see the problem since it felt...right.

But she wondered what this thing was...

"Don't lie to me, Diavola," he whispered into her ear. She looked down at the view beneath her, her skin heating up like it had been caught on fire. That's what his body did to her. It made her hot and flustered and she didn't know if she liked it or not.

She knew if she told him what was bothering her, he would get upset. Very upset.

Anyone with common sense would get upset.

But she couldn't figure out why she cared about his feelings. She just knew that she didn't like seeing him mad. She didn't like anyone getting mad. It brought her back to memories she buried deep.

"Don't get mad," she sighed. His hold tightened on her, but careful not to hurt her still-healing burns.

"No promises," he grumbled. She puffed out the smoke once more, getting ready to tell him.