~Leia~

-"Tell me every terrible thing you ever did, and let me love you anyway."-

_______________________________

3 days later.

To say that they had grown closer was an understatement. They didn't just fuck each other.

They made love.

The scratch marks on his back were red and endless. The bruises on her legs, arms, waist, and throat. The countless hickeys and lovebites seemed to an inch all over her.

The teeth against teeth, skin against skin...low moans and pleasure-filled groans. Raw and pure emotion and devotion bolted through their bodies as they touched one another with ample desire.

Unfiltered love.

~

(Play song now)

Today was the anniversary of what happened 9 years ago.

Well now...10 years ago.

Luca had shut himself in the penthouse all day, not answering any phone calls or leaving the balcony as memories of that night flashed in his eyes. His mother, father, and sister had called to check on him...to check on each other.

After assuring each other that each one of them was fine, he was alone again with his thoughts.

The weather seemed to reflect his mood since it had been raining the whole day. He wished Midnight was here with him, to hug him as he sulked but she had gone to India for business.

She still didn't know what today meant and he didn't know if he could tell her. If he could physically tell her. He knew without a doubt that he could trust her but he wasn't sure if he was able to retell the story.

His heart ached without her but today didn't make it any better. With each passing day he had fallen more in love with her and so did she. He finally forgot about the guilt that had been consuming and crushing him for almost a decade.

The pressure to protect her and to not let any harm come to her was stronger ever since they got close. He was afraid that she was going to end up just like...her.

He was paranoid and felt like his sole purpose was to keep her away from any danger even though she didn't listen. He needed to be with her all the time. He wasn't just being possessive and protective, it was beyond that.

He felt like it could somehow make up for what he failed to do all those years ago.

While those plaguing thoughts ate him alive, he didn't hear the balcony door slide open since all his senses were drowned out by the booming of the thunder. The feel of the cold air hitting his tan face and the smell of dew filling his lungs put him in another world.

He didn't notice a 5'8, feminine figure make its way to nestle into his chest and hug him tight. But when he did realize he smiled for the first time today.

It was his Diavola.

He wrapped her arms around her and inhaled her perfume that instantly soothed him.

"I thought you wouldn't be back for another few days," he whispered as he ran his hands through her silky thick hair. She nuzzled herself in his chest more, finally getting warmth after being in the cold wet air.

Sneaking a glance at his tattoo on the side of his neck, she was reminded of all the hardships that came with being in this kind of life.

Lealtà. Omertà. Famiglia.