~Finn Grimes~

-"Not yet corpses. Still, we rot."-

________________________________

"What?!" all of them exclaimed in unison. Katrina took a deep breath massaging her temple.

"I know it sounds crazy-" she started before Ida cut her off.

"It's more than crazy. It's fucking demented," she whispered harshly, anger seething out of her. Katrina nodded, understanding her anger and opening her mouth to speak again.

"Just hear me out," she pleaded. After everyone's mutters of disapproval, the room went silent making room for Katrina's explanations.

"Isn't it a little strange that the only two women that were close to the King are dead? Isn't it even more strange that Adrian has been "with the king" before the King was even a thing?

I think Aria and Midnight both knew that the King was planning on taking over and his first step was to take over the Scandinavian mob which Aria essentially owned. They found out what he was doing, so they attempted to get away, but he killed Aria before he had the chance and disguised it as a suicide, and made it seemed like Aria had also killed her parents after they sold her and the King knew she was just loose ends and eliminated her. But what if he didn't kill her?

What if the King held Aria captive and threatened to kill her if Midnight didn't work for him and do as he said. That's why Midnight left us this whole thing with the hitlist. The King found out she was planning to escape but killed her before she had the chance after he hired Alexei to finish the job.

But what if both of them... are alive... and the King is just holding them captive?" Katrina explained in one breath.

They all looked at her like she was crazy.

"I saw Midnight die right in front of me. There is no way she is alive," Luca said to himself more than her. Almost as if he was convincing himself of it. Even saying her name sent chills down his spine and his heart to clench.

She had to be dead.

Where else could she be? Why fake her death?

He buried her casket.

He helped carry it.

She had to be dead. She was dead.

But she had died before and she still made it out. She still fooled everyone. She was fooling everyone again now. But was she? Was she dead or was this a sick joke?

"And you saw me die too but here I am. What if she took the pill that Adrian gave me ten years ago. Don't you think Adrian hiding a little too much? He was the right hand of the Scandinavian mob and Aria's grandfather!

It doesn't add up. And since Adrian was the very first member of the King, it could mean that he's the King. He knew that he needed to get Aria out of the way since she was the only thing standing in between the Scandinavian mob and his plans to take over.

Digging up both of their graves will tell us all we need to know," she finished.

All eyes were on her as a deafening silence washed over them all.

Adrian was nothing but fatherly to the triplets these past years. He gave them all they wanted and more. Adrian gave them the parental love that they were deprived of since they were young. There was no way he was the King.

He was not an evil man, and there was no way that he was the one that killed their sister.

But still, why would Adrian kill his own granddaughter that his wife and himself worked so hard to protect and win custody over?