~Midnight~

-"Oh sweetie, monsters are real and they look like people."-

_______________________________

"Aren't we supposed to be dead?" Ida whispered. They opened their eyes as they scanned around them. They awaited the loud boom but nothing came.

The bombs didn't go off.

Before they had any chance to retaliate, the sniper started going off in the Cartel's direction. They quickly drew their guns as they aimed at the cartel members, using the sniper to their advantage.

People dropped dead like flies and guns started going off in all directions to try to find the sniper.

"Did you hire the sniper because they're not aiming at us?" Starr said to Blade. Blade shook his head no as his eyes narrowed at the sniper.

But then she regretted her words when one of their bullets came in their direction, hitting close to Blade's shoulder but missing it by an inch since they were behind another storage container. Blade seemed to almost smirk at the sniper as if knowing something no one else knew.

"They must be working for someone else," Ida mumbled.

"Oscar, can you tell what kind of sniper it is?" Blade asked as another bullet fired from his gun.

Oscar looked at the sniper as he pulled the trigger of his own gun, not missing his targets even when he wasn't looking.

"It looks like a Barrett M82. Military-grade," he responded as he turned his attention back to the targets.

"Can anyone please take it out before they change their mind and aim it us after they're done with those guys?" Antonio agitated. Starr rolled her eyes as she got out her gun and aimed it at the sniper.

She didn't get to fire when the bullets came close to her hand, making her drop the weapon. It missed her by a hair.

"Shit!" she hissed as she rubbed her knuckle at the sting. She looked to examine the place where she felt a sharp prick and released a breath of relief when there was no blood.

All of a sudden, the smell of smoke filled their lungs.

"I don't think that's a barbecue..." Ida cautioned as she lowered her gun and panic settled itself into her honey eyes.

"The bomb-" Luca started before an ear-shattering boom-sound clashed in their ears.

Play song now

Ida and Starr immediately wrapped their arms around each other to brace for the impact but nothing but hazy smoke and fog surrounded them.

It was so thick with gray that they couldn't even see the people next to them when they were less than a foot away. Ash and soot fell from the sky and the corners of their vision, they could see the reds and yellows of flames beginning to surround them.

Coughs filled the space as they tried to get rid of the vapor in their lungs.

On the other side of the bomb, the whole cartel was screaming with agony.

10 minutes later when the smoke cleared and the ringing in their ears had gone away, they looked in the direction of the sniper but it was gone.

Vanished without a trace.

They got up and made sure everyone was okay before they built up the courage to look behind the crate in which they were hiding.

Ida was the first to look.

"Oh shit," she muttered. Her face visibly paled as her eyes grew wide as saucers. Oscar smirked maliciously as he scanned the scene before him and as Blade did the same.