~Cookies~

-"You see? Even death has a heart."-

_______________________________

Miss Lana needs to get a hold of herself and release this on Spotify.

Two weeks later.

Midnight had convinced Luca that she was okay enough to start completing everyday tasks, including going places by herself. It took a lot of effort and eventually, he made her swear that she'd call him if anything went wrong and keep her location on at all times.

Knowing that he was monitoring her exact location at all times, she chose a spot more populated to meet him.

As she arrived at the park, she instantly saw his car parked. She took deep breaths as she turned off her vehicle and got out.

It had been more than a week since the attack.

More than a week since she had last met him.

He was going to be furious, she was sure of it.

She didn't have more than a second to get out of the car before his heavy footsteps came towards her. She looked up, seeing his dark brown eyes.

He didn't look furious. No, he looked so enraged that she thought steam was coming out of his ears. And it was for good reason too.

She had been seriously injured and attacked and she hadn't once called him.

Before she knew it, he was inches away from her. Without hesitation, he took her by the shoulders and engulfed her in a firm, grandfatherly hug. She was surprised at first but quickly adjusted and hugged him back.

"Where have you been? Why haven't you called? How bad does it hurt-?" his raspy, old voice fussed.

"I'm fine. It barely hurts anymore," she lied, shaking her head.

"You are a lot more like Kaia than you know. She was terrible at lying too," he frowned. She scoffed then went quiet, knowing he was right. She pulled away from the embrace, smiling slightly when he shook his head in protest.

"Tell me where it hurts," he asked, leaving no room for arguments.

"Just my back-"

"What happened to your back?"

"Nothing,"

"Nothing?"

"Nothing," she nodded, not meeting his eyes.

"Turn around,"

"I'm good,"

"I wasn't asking," this man may have been middle-aged with noticeably graying hair, but he had the stubbornness of a toddler.

She assumed it ran in the bloodline.

Midnight huffed, turning around grumbling to herself. She moved her hair to the side, showing him the buttons on the back of her shirt. He undid the very top one since it was enough to reveal the wound. Slowly, he undid the bandage on one side and pulled it away, finally showcasing the re-brand.