~Questions~

-"I'd rather die young with you than live long without you."-

______________________________

"I haven't asked my questions. So I get 3 now," he mumbled in her ear.

"Fire away," she told him.

"Why are you here?" he asked, taking his hands away from her body through his hands had never felt more empty and her body never felt colder.

"Well, I had to find the person that shot me. So here I am," she spoke calmly.

A sudden rage ran through his body like adrenaline.

"I got it covered, Diavola," he grumbled darkly.

"I saw," she responded, remembering how he looked in the center of the fire with his eyes clear of the storm and blood coated on his clothing.

She had never been more attracted to anyone in her life at that moment. She kept telling herself that it was just a little crush and nothing more, but her feelings were developing too fast. Was she psychotic to be attracted to murderers?

Yes. Yes, she was.

"Where have you been?" he questioned.

"Healing," she shrugged.

Good. Good that she finally had some common sense and rested. He wanted to say it to her face. To tell her how reckless she was being. But he simply nodded and went quiet, knowing what else he wanted to ask her.

Something he had been wondering since he saw her. He had been waiting for this moment for ages. It had been eating him alive, leaving him restless each night.

The King.

Was the King a woman?

Was she the King? Was she her own right hand?

Would it too be straightforward to ask her? What would he even do with this information? No one would believe him if he tried to blackmail. Was he stupid for even thinking this? And would she even answer honestly? No, she wouldn't.

He had no proof to think this way. All he was going off of was an assumption and theory. God, he wanted to rip his hair out. But this woman, if she was the King...then he wouldn't know what to do with himself.

He had touched the person who had killed more people than he could count. This person owned countries and had governments under her control. The King had all the power in her palm.

If...if, he was a woman.

His head hurt. He was going insane each passing moment.

But he had to try.

"Okay, last question-" he started, looking into her dark eyes as if testing the waters to see if it was safe. She raised her eyebrows, waiting for him to go on but not expecting what was going to come out of his mouth.

"Is the King a woman?"

The million-dollar question had been asked.

Silence.

There was only silence.

Her body went completely rigid, her mouth parting as if looking for words but too stunned to speak.

"What? No. How in the world-" she quickly stated as if he was insane. He put his hands up defensively.

"Just checking," he said calmly.

"Why would-" she started again before he interrupted.

"I just had to check. If you could fool everyone then I had good reason to think that the King was doing the same," he explained. She looked at him as if he'd grown two heads as she struggled to find words, shock taking over.