12. The Malhotras.

SONG: Happier 

By : Marshmello , feat. Bastille

We walked to the parking lot slowly , my hand in Ayansh's and God knows why it feels so right . I was slightly nervous . Okay understatement of the year . I was nervous as hell , I just , it's natural to me , the nervousness , my hands are clammy and I am sure as hell they are sweating still Ayansh is holding it , I don't know if it's a bad thing or a good one , but for now I take it as a good one . 

We reached his SUV and the driver jogged up to open the door for me , I slipped inside the car and Ayansh settled beside me at the back seat . The drive won't be long since Aayushi told me before that their Father's house is located in the neighborhood only and I realized that I won't be getting any time to gather my thoughts and calm my nerves .

Ayansh stole glances at me every now and than after some seconds - and how do I know? Because I was doing the same - but we didn't say anything to each other . Just kept our thoughts mingling around . I had this feeling that I can talk to him without even having a conversation, simply just by looking at him . And for now , he looked even more uncomfortable than me , I don't know what to make out of it , but I think it has something to do with his dad. I have this feeling that among all the three siblings , Ayansh's relationship with his father is the most strained one . I want to know why , but I know I have to give him his space . 

I looked at him again and he was lost in his own thoughts , his elbow leaning on the window and he was staring outside . First of all , I don't think I'll ever get used to his good looks , but now when I look at him , I realize it's much more than that , I don't know what it is , that pulls me deeper into his world . I just want to know what's the reason of this pained expression  on his face and I want to comfort him . But I know now's not the right time , he won't let me , not this soon . maybe he even thinks that he can take care of me , he can smile and show me that everything's just fine , that I am lost in my own thoughts now that I won't focus on his , but I do. 

Suddenly he looked at me , and than raised a brow . "you okay?" he asked

I smiled my easy smile and nodded and he gave me a small smile in return. 

Even if we are going to meet HIS family , I know he just needs me as much as I need him. 

We reached to his family mansion and the guard opened the main gate to let Ayansh's car pass by.  I looked at him again and he sat straight , his expression turning blank and his body going rigid. Suddenly I felt a wave of uneasiness crash through me , but I decided to not let it get to me . If we both got uncomfortable we could ruin this , and I don't want to , I want to show Ayansh that I am strong , I am okay , and I want to show him that I can be with him , can take care of him by being what I am. 

The driver opened my door and I got out of the car , and joined Ayansh . He smiled once again at me but I searched his eyes , and instead found that he was just trying to reassure me , to make me comfortable , what he doesn't know is , am not that nervous anymore , I won't be as long as I put my whole attention on making him feel okay . I smiled up at him and took his hand in mine squeezing it a little , his eyes bored into mine for a sec , his expression unreadable but than he quickly looked away and we started walking inside the house . 

For the first time I noticed the beauty I went inside into . His father's house was 10 times beautiful than the pent house , it was all decorated royally , no sign of modern designs , everything just so royal and classic . Everything felt so fragile , than even a touch can break it . We were just entering in to what I assume is the party hall when a worker standing outside the door bowed in front of us. 

"Welcome the THE MALHOTRAS , hope you enjoy"  He said and handed some kind of card to us with our names written on it

Uh-uh , formal much?