32. We'll make it right

Song : Hold on  

By : Chord Overstreet 

PS : Please I request all my readers to listen to this song . This was my only motivation behind writing this chapter this way , otherwise it wouldn't have happened . I listened to this song while writing this chapter and it gave me chills . You people gonna love it . 

Don't forget to comment and vote . 

Happy reading . 

***********************

Me and my father are currently sitting at a round table in the middle of a party and I am so desperately trying to control myself to not freak out . 

Okay , I know there's nothing to freak out about. But at the same time I also know that my father would have never approached me if there had not been anything extremely important he wanted to drop like a bomb on me . And most of the times that extremely important thing accompanies bad news . 

I took a sip from my soft drink avoiding to start the conversation myself . 

"So , how're you and Ishaani ?" he asked looking least bit interested in our well being . 

"We're good" I told him looking around for anyone of the three people who I came here with . 

We sat in silence for some more time and I grew more anxious . 

"Is there anything you wanna tell me ?" I asked him . 

He looked at me before speaking . 

"Yes , of course , otherwise why would I bother coming here you see" he said scratching his chin . 

I knew it already . 

"See , the thing is , I lost the elections for the Navi Mumbai Municipal Corporation" He spoke , clenching his jaw . 

Okayyy . But what's the point of telling me this ? 

"Okay" 

"What do you mean by Okay ? I lost the fucking election" he cursed raising his voice a little and I flinched . 

"Don't raise your voice , we're in public" I said to him and he looked around . 

"What's even the point of this conversation ?"

"The point is , Agnivesh Malhotra , The father of your beloved fiance , refused to give me a ticket for next year's elections , telling me that am not fit for politics yet , and I need to learn first" he told me . 

"Ohh" 

I frowned . I'm still not getting the point of this conversation . 

Wait !!! Is he trying to say what I think he's trying to say . 

No fucking way !!! 

My eyes got wide and I looked at him . 

"Why are you telling me all this" I asked in a baffled voice and he shrugged . 

"To let you know that you're gonna break this marriage thing with Malhotra's son"  he said so casually and I felt all the blood leaving my body . 

No No No !! ... This couldn't be happening . God Please No !!! 

"I'm gonna do nothing like that" I said to him . But I wasn't sure if he heard it . I was shocked to the core I couldn't even tell if I was even able to comprehend a proper sentence . 

He was asking me to leave Ayansh . 

No way . No way in hell . 

The reality of the situation struck me and I felt a sudden heat of anger flowing in my veins .