29. I just can't figure it out !!

SONG : Deer in Headlights 

By : Sia 

Please comment , vote and follow 

Happy Reading .

****************************

I stood under the shower , letting the lukewarm water wash away all the sleepiness from my body and as soon as I finished my shower , I changed into my work clothes . I decided to wear just a simple black ankle length trouser and a peach color cut sleeves ,button up top tugged inside , left my hair down , and slipped into my black flats . 

After making sure I grabbed everything necessary for my work , I switched off the lights of my room and made my way downstairs . I saw Ayansh coming up midway down the stairs and he stopped and smiled at me . 

But my heart felt constricted at his smile . It was the same since this morning . When I woke up he wasn't at the bed . I thought I was late but I wasn't , it was 6:00 in the morning and Ayansh was not there to be found . I looked around for him and saw him standing in the balcony of the room staring ahead in the space with a frown stretched on his features . I made my way towards him . As soon as he looked at me his lips broke into a smile , but I wasn't the one to be fooled . His smile didn't quite reach his eyes . I just have this knowledge when someone is actually smiling or if that someone is just pretending to be smiling . It was a fake smile , but I decided not to say anything at that moment . I just smiled back and wished him good morning . He wished me back and went inside the room saying he needs to go to the washroom .

I was confused but nevertheless  I prepared coffee for him and some tea for me and took it to his room . 

When he came out of the washroom , I just knew that he wasn't prepared to see me there . I decided to ignore the fact and went to him pressing a kiss on his lips . He pulled away way too quickly and avoided my gaze every passing moment after that , making light conversations just about his work , and my work . I didn't have any kind of problem with such type of easy going conversations , at any normal day it would have been good . What I had problem was with the change of his mood . 

I remember everything being good last night . He was obviously in a fun mood after our little argument and a heavy make out session . He was joking . He asked me to stay the night in his room. I remember falling asleep when he went to take a shower , but I woke up when he came back and slipped under the covers with me . I fell asleep quickly again in his arms . 

But ..... what changed after that ?

And now again , he just smiled a fake smile again and I my heart felt too heavy . I wanted to know what went wrong over a night ?

Did he have any kind of nightmare or what ? 

I was hurt and confused . I wanted to talk to him about this change in his mood . 

Something was definitely wrong , and he wasn't telling me . 

We decided to solve everything by talking . We decided to try . And still . 

I seriously have no idea how to put up with all this . 

By not mentioning it ? By ignoring it ? By calling him out on it ? 

Urghhhh. 

"You going down for breakfast ?" He asked not actually looking at me but I was looking at him , trying to figure out what was actually up with him . 

"Yes , are you too?" I asked him back .

"Uhh , I-I already did , just going to my room to check up on some files . Tell Ayaan to tell me when you'll be done . We'll leave for work then" he said looking down and walked past my shoulder and I just stood there dumbfounded .