👑 Chapter Thirty Seven 👑

ISAAC'S POV

I was officially an engaged man. There was always the possibility of it happening but I didn't know it'd feel this great. I was marrying the most beautiful woman and I couldn't be happier. I had been scared that she would turn me down when I proposed but she had said yes. Oh yeah and I had finally kissed her. After months of envying the tube of lipstick she always used I had finally got to experience what kissing Marini felt like. It had been perfect, otherworldly, amazing, dizzying and all those other big words to describe just how good it was.

It made me wish I had fought for her sooner instead of trying to replace her with Sheila. I couldn't turn back time so for now I would do my best to show Marini just how much she meant to me and how happy I was that she had said yes. I would treat her like the queen she was even if she was more financially able than I was. I didn't need to shower with lavish gifts to show her my love, all she needed from me was my time, attention and all my love and affection and I had plenty of that to give.

Speaking of, it had been a few hours since we had our breakfast and she had been in her office ever since. It was on a Saturday and I was bored so I decided to go check up or more like mess with her like she liked to put it.

I knocked softly on the door out of habit to let her know I was going in. She had asked me to stop doing that so many times but I was already used to it and it was hard to stop.

I'd been into Marini's home office a few times and there was always something new for me to notice whenever I visited even though it never changed. There was a long desk with a desktop on one side and stationery strewn around the top. There were a few rows of books of all genres on shelves arranged against the wall. It didn't have windows so all form of light was artificial but the air inside was always fresh. There were two couches against one wall and two coffee tables in front of them. She also had a Tv in there and a mini fridge. All the pictures in her office we of her family and there were a few latest additions with me and Jeremy in them.

"How's my beautiful bride to be doing?" I greeted when I spotted her on the sofa.

"Planning our wedding without the help of my husband to be."She replied faking a scowl at me.

Her hair was in a pony tail and she was wearing nothing but a black bralette that was barely holding her boobs together and black biker shorts. Her face was make up free but she still looked very beautiful. I resisted the urge to stare at her cleavage and actually succeeded because I knew in a few weeks I'd be enjoying more than a peep.

Yeah judge me all you want, I'm a man and I own it. I knew that Marini wanted to wait till marriage to go all the way and I had already waited seven months so what was a few more. I respected her and her decision.

"We already established that I've got no sense of style and I already know what to wear so just tell me the date and time and I'll be there to put a ring on it."I replied settling myself next to her and picking up a magazine from the coffee table with pictures of gowns on it.

Some of the gowns were fine but others looked horrendous barely covering anything. I could not picture Marini wearing any of what I was seeing.

"I didn't expect much help anyway so I've got everything handled. I already hired a wedding planner to help me so no worries. I'll brief you on the details and as for the date its exactly one month before my birthday so it's six weeks from now."She informed me.

"Perfect."I replied and leaned in to kiss her cheek.

She smiled at me almost blushing before she went back to choosing what only I could assume were flower arrangements.