Chapter 26

I walked to school on my own. I used that time to think about my decision.

I thought about how I would tell everyone. How would Kastuki react? 

I shook my head at the thought. I didn't feel like imagining Katsuki upset with me. but with the reaction he had with Izuku, I'm sure I'll get a similar reaction.

------

I reach my class and sit down. One of my classmates approached me. 

"Hey there! I'm Mina Ashido!" She says in a cheerful tone. 

"Oh good morning, Y/n Lin,i sa" I respond with a smile. I quickly took notice of her appearance. She looked so cool.

She took a seat in front of me and faced me. She started having a simple conversation with me. "So how did you and that grumpy guy become friends?" she asks, " He seems to scare everyone off" She laughs. 

"Oh, uh.....I accidentally hit him with my quirk." I say. Mina starts laughing. Just then I see Katsuki walk in. "Speak of the devil.." I mumble and stand to wave at him. 

He looks at me and rolls his eyes but I receive a quick wave back before he sits at his desk. 

Did he....wave at me?

I sat back down and continued to talk with Mina. I hear some others ask if we think Mr. Aizawa is alright. 

When the bell rings, everyone gets into their seats and the class door opens. I was expecting a substitute but it was Mr. Aizawa! 

As everyone expresses their confusion he tells us that there was something more important than his injuries. I could feel the room go tense as everyone wonders if something worse has happened. 

A sports festival? 

Right after a villain attack? 

We were explained that it is a very special event that will put our skills to the test and scouts from agencies will be there and whatnot. 

-----

Everyone seems to forget about the attack from yesterday and just focus on the festival. I guess we should move on, if we're gonna be heroes we'll have to deal with villains every day anyway. 

I took a deep sigh as I decide to go with my classmates and focus on the upcoming festival........and my reveal. 

I'm standing in line for lunch and I hear a voice from behind me.

"What are you sighing about?" Kastuki says in his usual tone. Lately, he's attempted more and more at regular conversations.  So even though he still sounds rude, it's nice he's trying to be more of a friend.