Chapter 27

She held out her hand and gave me a friendly grin. "Nice to meet you." She said.

"I'm Avatar Korra"

*******************

I stood there for a second and shook her hand before I processed what this woman had said. 

"Wait......Avatar!?" I exclaimed. 

She chuckled. "I've been waiting for your arrival," she says putting her hands on her hips.

I took notice of how muscular she was. 

Dang, I want to look like that.

"Waiting for me?" I asked. Then it hit me, "WAIT! Are you going to train me!?" My eye sparkled. I could finally learn what being the avatar means!

"You'll be the best avatar around with me teaching ya!" she says in a confident tone. 

I grabbed my head in disbelief. "This is incredible! Thank the gods I don't have to do this alone." I exclaimed.

I looked back up to Korra, "When do we start! What cool moves can you teach me!" I asked.

"Easy there, since you haven't had a proper mentor before I'll need to see what you are capable of first." She says and gestures me to demonstrate.

"Oh of course," I say as if I knew. I didn't.

I turned to my right and threw a few rocks. Making the stance was a little difficult but that's how I was told. 

I stood straight and blasted fire from my hands. It was a little tiring because of the amount of energy it took. 

I jumped with a blast of air. It's all I really know how to do.

I looked around and saw a small pond. I brought water and moved it around a bit. 

I robbed it and turned back to Korra waiting for her feedback. 

"Ah....ok." She said in a tone that said, "I thought so.." 

"Well because of your lack of proper training, your movements are stiff. It will be really hard to fight like that." She says. 

"Oh okay. Well, I'm open to whatever you need to teach! I have two weeks before my school's sports festival.." I say with a smile. 

Korra seemed to give me an endearing smile as if I reminded her of someone. 

"Let's get started then!" She says punching her fist.