Chapter 34

"Y/n, this is Wan Shi Tong," Korra says.

The large owl brings his face close to mine and speaks, "So this is the other avatar that The Avatar has told me about." They say.
I give a bow, "Yes I am. I was hoping to learn more about what the avatar is and how I am supposed to help the world." I explain.

I was questioned about my intentions but I still explained all I wanted to do was to learn. I was allowed to roam because Korra had cleared up some confrontations that she didn't tell me about.

I went down one row of the avatar section and began to read about the old avatars.

*****************this will change to 2nd pov from now on-*********

"Oh my spirits there are so many! I think I'll stop reading at this one." You exclaimed after closing the last scroll on Avatar Kyoshi. You found her story cool as well as the ones after including Korra's. Korra approached you with a grin,

"Tired already? I didn't imagine you would try to read them all, you'd be here for centuries" she laughed as she helped you put the books and scrolls back.

"I just can't imagine being the same as all of these incredible people," You say with excitement.

"You don't have to imagine, you're living it." She smiled and gave your head a pat, "maybe spend some of that reading energy on some useful things" she said and helped you up. You gave her a nod and ventured down another aisle. This one was a small section on the different bending and sub-bending. You looked at some of the bending scrolls. Korra came over and gave you some suggestions on the four elements. You sat and scanned them while lightly motioning with them.

After a while of perusing the section again, you discover lightning bending, metal, and lava, and as you put away the one on lava you spot a folded parchment in the back of the shelves. You reached and grabbed it. It was a very weathered piece of paper with some kind of stains which caused you to hold it carefully with pinching fingers. You carefully open it at the top in barely legible writing was the words 'Bloodbending'.

It seemed to be written in a hectic panic as you read through the detailing of how bloodbending worked. Reaching into someone's body and controlling the blood inside them made you shiver as you read it and you shoved the paper back to the spot you found it.

What a horrible bending to invent...to learn about. You'll never do that so someone...

To get your mind off it you read about the animals that existed back in Korra's time. You had learned that the past Avatars had animal companions and as you looked through the earth animals you've seen the badger moles, Sabertooth mooselions, and poodle monkeys, but the animal that called to you was the Eel hound. Something about the way they were fast and can travel on the water as well as the land grew your interest. Sure the fluffy animals would be cute but they wouldn't do well in the city. If you were able to have one you'd want one to fit in a home.

But these animals don't exist anymore, which bummed you out a little. You put the animal book back with a sigh. All this reading tired you out.

"All done for the day?" Korra asked as she leaned on the tall bookshelf.

"Yeah! I learned so much! But I'm still not sure what I am supposed to do as the Avatar" you expressed.