Chapter 22

The day went by like normal.
By the end of the day everyone seemed drained form the day of regular classes and began to file out when the bell rang.

I collected my things and planned to walk home with Izuku and Ochaco.

I felt someone approach me and when I turned it was Shoto.

To be honest, I was a little surprised. Everytime we interacted he seemed cold (ahem) and distant. Like he didn't want to be my friend.

So him approaching me it seemed out of character for him but then again, I don't really know him.

"Oh hey Todoroki. What's up?" I ask.

He seemed confused and ever so slightly glanced up at the ceiling.

I snickered a little and spoke.
"It's just a greeting. Did you want to speak to me?" I ask.

He looked back at my and let out a small, "oh.."
and he spoke, "I need to ask you something.." he said. His voice was quiet as he spoke to me, and he kept his usual monotone manner.

"Sure, you can ask me anything. What is it?" I shoot him a kind smile.

Izuku pops his head in the room.

"(Y/n). Are you going to walk home with us? Uraraka says she needs to get going soon." He said in his polite tone.

"Go ahead without me. I'll make my way home." I respond.
Before he could ask because I know he will. "And yes, I'm sure."

He gives a small "ok" and leaves.
I turn back to Shoto.

"Sorry about that. Continue." I say.

"You always speak to me unprovoked..Why is that?" He asks.

That's all?

"Well...I think you're cool and I hope to become friends with you." I answer, "If it makes you uncomfortable I'll stop."

"Friend..." he seems to contemplate that. Did I say anything weird?

"So you have no ulterior motive to become my 'friend'?" He asks.

It took me aback a little.
"Why would I need an underlying motive to want to be friends with you? If you're worried about the pro hero thing, it not my main goal so I'm not trying to compete against you. I just think that you seem like you would be a cool friend." I answer honestly. I was a little surprised at myself for saying all that cause I didn't really think about what I was saying.

His eyes widened slightly for a second and went back to how they were.
"So....it's not because you know who I am?"

"Eh? What's that supposed to mean?" I asked.
Then I remembered that he was recommended to come here. He didn't take the regular exam. Duh, I was at the same exam as him.

"If it's something to do with your recommendation, no I don't know you're connections and-don't take it the wrong way- I don't care about it." I respond.

I smile, "I just want to be you're friend. No ulterior motive. Just cause I like ya!" I say in a friendly tone.

His face showed more shock and confusion than before. But he seemed to also be relieved. I guess he hasn't had great experience with friends in the past.

"So if it's not a problem to you. I would just like to be your friend. Is that okay?" I look at him and tilt my head.

He looks at me and after a short pause he says, "Yes...that's....alright.." his cold demeanor seemed to fade and he just seemed awkward now. It was charming.

But the permission to be his friend made me happy and excited. I smiled so wide my face started to hurt.

"I'm so glad to hear that!" I caught a glimpse of outside, "Oh! I should get going before it gets too dark! It was nice talking with you Todoroki. See you tomorrow!" I say and rush out of the room giving a small wave as I left.

I walked with a little more pep in my step and I felt pretty good about my day all of a sudden. Was it that big a deal to hear those words from Shoto? Probably not to the average person but to me it made me feel so happy.

The whole way home I had a smile on my face.

As I was nearing my neighborhood, I get a text message.
It was from Katsuki.

💥Combustion Boi💥

Hey I didn't see you walk home with Deku. Where are you? It's getting dark

What are you my mom? I was talking with someone. I'm on my way home anyway. I'm in our neighborhood.

Well excuse me for trying to be considerate. Forget it just don't get yourself in trouble.

Awe. Are you worried about me? How sweet of you!💕

FUCK OFF!!
—————————————-

I giggled at the interaction between Katsuki and I.

I soon noticed it got dark real quick so I quickened my pace. My house was only a few houses down so I wanted to get there quick. I didn't feel like dealing with whatever the night brought out.

Luckily no problems on the small stretch home. I entered the house and the smell of delicious dinner welcomed me.

My mom poked her head from around the kitchen.
"Welcome home sweets! How was school?" She asked.

I took off my shoes and walked into the kitchen to help out. "It was great, there was a security scare but one of my classmates were able to calm everyone and we made him class rep. Oh I also think I made a new friend."

"That's amazing hon. I'm so relieved you're adjusting so well to the move. It's been over 10 months and your father and I still have trouble finding the supermarket." My mom responds.

After dinner I offered to help clean up but my parents insisted I go rest. I just want to help but they shooed me out.

I went to my room and did my homework and after that I meditated a bit before settling down for the day.

To be honest, nothing much really happens when I meditate. The sages told me ancient Avatars would do that to reach the "Avatar State" but even they didn't know what it entirely meant. But I do it anyway in hopes of something happening.

It does help me relax for the day though so that's something I guess.

But my mind kept drifting off. I couldn't focus.
I guess I was still happy about the Shoto accepting my friendship.
Cause I kept thinking about it.

I'll just go to sleep then.

*

*

*

*

*

Why can't I go to sleep?

*************************

Because somewhere
Under the shine of the moon
There is a boy
Who just can't seem
To get you off his mind.