x. star wars

𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐞𝐧 ─── star wars

Flatbush Ave., March 9th 2007

"𝔑o, I am your father

"𝔑o, I am your father..." Arabella glanced up at the blond boy who was sitting behind her, his jaw dropped in surprise as he looked between Darth Vader and Luke Skywalker on the screen. Her grin grew wider, as Luke spluttered out something unintelligible, before looking down at Ellie and back at the screen.

Finally, he managed to get his words to work.

"Hold on...wait." Luke's brain seemed to be struggling to process what had just happened. Ellie chuckled, patting his cheek gently as Luke pulled her closer. "No way. Is Darth Vader Anakin?"

"You've just put that together? Ow! Sorry, sorry." Ellie chuckled as Luke flicked her, before going back to the movie. Luke shook his head, leaning forward to watch more carefully. Pulling the blanket tighter around her, she rubbed at her forehead before pressing a kiss to her boyfriend's cheek that was close to her. "Did you dad never say that at you once? I would do that if I had a son called Luke."

"That doesn't surprise me." Luke tensed. "But no. Never. My half-siblings might have done a couple of time, but I never got the reference until now. I understand it."

He grinned down at her, beaming as Ellie's smile grew wider. His grin was still one of the most beautiful things that she had ever seen.

"You have half-siblings?"

"Yeah." Luke nodded.

"How many?"

"Don't know." Ellie cocked an eyebrow. "There's a lot of us, so I never got to really keep count."

Luke shrugged, still paying little attention to her as he stared at the screen ahead of him, his jaw dropping as Jedi Luke fell off of the platform. Arabella turned in her blanket burrito to look up at the boy in confusion. She didn't know he had more family than the two sisters he had mentioned. 

"Did he just fall to his death?"

"You'll have to wait and see in the next movie," He prodded her in the stomach, causing the girl to giggle hysterically until she finally managed to get him to stop. "No, he lives."

"Yeah, it would be weird for Luke to fall from there and die. He's a Jedi, so supposedly he has the mind power tricks not to do that..." Luke began to ramble on about Jedi and whether or not they would hypothetically be able to fall to their deaths. Arabella just smiled and curled further into her boyfriend's arms, perfectly content to listen to him ramble on and on about Star Wars theories, even if it wasn't her favorite film franchise.

They were nearing the end of The Empire Strikes Back, the fifth in their list of Star Wars films. Only one more was left. She had managed to get Luke hooked by the end of the second film, having found that he loved watching somewhat dystopian films in world's similar to their own, with people who had special powers. Anakin turning from golden boy to evil Sith had furthered Luke's love for the character, and the movies, so he was now completely invested in it (much like Arabella's own love for the Lord of the Rings franchise). Personally, Arabella didn't see the appeal of Anakin, but that might have been because she was too busy quoting Obi-Wan Kenobi lines at any given opportunity.