xxxi. false charges

𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐨𝐧𝐞 ─── false charges

New York, 15th September 2008

"𝔗hanks, Al!" Ellie called, as the boy placed her hospital bag into the car in preparation for when the twins came

"𝔗hanks, Al!" Ellie called, as the boy placed her hospital bag into the car in preparation for when the twins came. It could be anywhere between the next month, or the next two months, so Ellie wanted to be ready. "How's school been?"

"I still don't understand why I have to go," He whined, kicking his shoes off his feet and placing them away as he followed Ellie into the kitchen, where the woman was cooking dinner. "Give me the knife. I don't need Luke to kill me when he gets back."

"Hmm," Ellie hummed, placing the knife into his hand as she watched him chop the carrots and onions. "Now, how was school? Tell me everything."

"Some of the classes are interesting, some of them," He replied, wiping the tears away from his eyes as he slid the onions into the pan. Ellie giggled as she watched him glare at the onions. "Most of my classmates are all prats and they're so dim witted."

"Alabaster..." He sighed, before finally being somewhat complementary.

"A couple of them are friendly," She nodded, as Cai leant further into her side. One of the Beans kicked, and Ellie rubbed her stomach absentmindedly. "There's a girl who sits at my table. She's kind of funny."

"It's good that you made a friend," Ellie replied, a smile on her face. "You should invite her over. For dinner soon."

"What? To this chaotic household?" Alabaster snorted, throwing some chilli into the pan, along with peppers. "That would scare her off straight away."

"I think it would be fun," Ellie replied, rubbing her stomach, "and don't you worry, I'll get the other two to behave, keep them in line. No one really wants to argue with a pregnant lady."

"You just like blackmailing them," Ellie winked at the boy's words, as the door to the house opened up. Luke and Ethan stepped in, carrying grocery bags and talking in hushed tones.

"Hi!" Luke appeared, leaning down to give Ellie a kiss as he walked past her towards the fridge. "Alabaster's cooking."

"Watch as we all get food poisoning," Ethan joked.

"Shut up!"

"You shut up!" Luke turned around, slamming the fridge door closed as he glared down at both of the smaller teenagers. "Sorry."

"Yeah, sorry Luke," He glared a little more, before retreating back to Ellie's side and rubbing his hand over the top of her bump. 

"You alright?"

"Yeah, the pictures came through by the way," He nodded, as Ellie jumped up and led him to the computer in the study, turning it on and letting him look through the photos. "A couple of them are super cute."