xxiv. graduation

𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫 ─── graduation

New York, 18th May 2008

"ℑ hate being pregnant!" Luke rubbed Ellie's back as she stopped throwing up. It had been like that for a couple of weeks, Ellie throwing up each morning, and Luke rubbing her back and holding her hair back. 

"I know, Els," He murmured, smoothing her hair, as she sat back up and flushed the toilet. "But you're doing so well."

Leaning down, he picked her up off of the floor, and set her on the counter top with ease. She immediately started to munch on the crackers that he had left there, as Luke watched to make sure she ate it all. 

Reaching up, he brushed away the crumbs, before leaning down to pull Ellie's pyjama shirt up (that was actually his), and press a kiss to her stomach.

"Hi Beans" He pressed another kiss to the skin of her stomach, as Ellie ran her hand through his hair and drank some water. "Stop giving your mummy so much grief. It's her graduation today, and she wants to have fun. I've also got to take her out on a nice date, so behave. Can't have her being sick."

"Why are you so cute?" He glanced up, pressing a kiss to Ellie's forehead as she clung to him gently. "You make me want to have kids with you!"

"Ellie, you're literally pregnant with our children together."

"Shut up, I was trying to be cute, you idiot." He raised an eyebrow at her quick change of tone, but just laughed it off. Luke pressed another kiss to her head.

"Come on, let go of me. I wanna go and make you breakfast." Ellie hummed, releasing her tight grip on the man, who switched the shower on for her as he left. "Don't do anything stupid."

"I don't know the definition of the word." He rolled his eyes again, as Cai immediately sat down outside the bathroom door to keep an eye on the pregnant woman. The dog had become her protector, keeping an eye on her when Luke couldn't.

He took off down the stairs, ruffling his hair, as he began to grab the things that he needed to cook her breakfast. Ellie was not a massive fan of healthy things, so Luke had been experimenting with recipes to try and find healthy ones that she liked and would still be good for the babies. So far, blueberry and banana pancakes were her favorite. 

As it was her graduation day, he decided to treat her.

He began to cut up the bananas and blueberries, adding them to the pancake mix he had made the night before as Ethan slumped down onto one of the bar stools.

"What are you doing in my house, Ethan?" He looked up, before turning away and covering his eye.

"Why don't you have a shirt on?"