letters twenty-three and twenty-four.

𝐥𝐞𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐬 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫 ─── beans

7th Ave., 3rd September 2009

, 3rd September 2009

10th June 2008

𝔇ear My Beloved,

Well, Beans are now the size of peaches, which is super cute. What's not cute is my lack of sleep, so I've started taking afternoon naps which are beautiful. Also, Cai's become your replacement, he's so over protective and he's been cuddling me overnight when you're not here. So, you might have to fight the dog to get back into bed. Sorry?

I can't believe that you have to work though, that's so annoying! Why does your boss not let you have time off? Ethan's been here instead of you and trust me when I say he is making sure that I eat healthily. He's been following your orders to a T and in his words, he said 'Luke will kill me if I don't. He has a sixth sense for when you're doing something you shouldn't be.' Please stop threatening your best friend, we do love him, remember?

According to him, apparently you sometimes randomly stop what you're doing and go 'Ellie's up to something', which is super cute. Granted, I am probably up to something stupid. It's me. I am the literal definition of the word. I will point out that I am actually a very good nurse, despite your opinion. Also, my job started!

So, I've started working at the hospital now, and my manager is super nice and understanding. I'm not having to work night shifts, and I'm planning to work right up until two weeks before beams come home. I'm working in paediatrics, so with children, so there's not as much heavy lifting that I have to do! It's quite cool though, and everyone's super nice, particularly the OB-GYN staff.

Anyhow, July 9th, we have a doctor visit and then the girls want to throw us a surprise party. How did your talk with Annabeth go? You didn't mention much after you came back from San Francisco? I kind of want to invite her to the party, just because. She should bring that friend you said she had, Percy? That would be sweet if she came.

Finally, I wanted to remind you that I miss you and I love you to the moon and back, maybe more and that you've got this, see you soon,

Love Ellie and Beans xx

19th June 2008

Dear My Beloved,

Beans are the size of small oranges! They're so cute and I keep staring at the photos and laughing, Iris and Ava agree. They came around to take me out shopping for some stuff and I can't wait to show you it. Also, I can confirm that your clothes are the comfiest to sleep in now, especially in the summer, because it's so hot! I'm so excited for the doctors appointment now.

Ethan shot off in the middle of the night a couple of days back, saying it was something work related. Is everything all right? I am a little worried. Anyway, he came back with a friend. Alabaster? Ethan said that you'd know him and the poor kid is only 15. So, he's staying with us now, because he doesn't seem to have a home to go back to on this side of the coast. He's a little odd, very on edge all the time but he's sweet.

Also, when you get back, can we go for ice cream at the place we went to on New Years Eve? I am craving an ice cream date with my husband, just the two of us. Oh, and Beth's started on the mural. It looks stunning already, and hopefully, you're going to love it just as much as I do.

Finally, Mamma Mia bbq night with all of my friends, Ava, Iris, Ethan, Alabaster (if he's still here) and you is on July 14th? Please say you're around. I'm so excited for it and it's going to be so much fun.

Miss you and love you,

Ellie and Beans xxx

"Beans?" Annabeth looked at Percy with a raised eyebrow, struggling to work out where the nickname came from. "Do you think that's the dog's name? Maybe they're getting more dogs?"

"What are you looking at me for?" Percy replied, shaking his head. "I know nothing."

"You're unhelpful," He nodded at Annabeth's words, as she analysed the two letters again. "This was near the Labyrinth battle, when Luke came to talk to me. Do you think if I had just said yes, then..."

"Don't think like that," Percy replied, squeezing Annabeth close to his side as she tried not to let her thoughts rattle into a downward spiral. "There's nothing we can do about it now and we didn't know."

"She was going to try and invite us to the surprise party," Annabeth murmured, sighing as she looked at the letter in her hand. "Why does she just sound so nice? This is making it super hard."

"I know, I know,"

Hiya,

So, the headcanon is that Annabeth is very book smart, but not common or practicality smart (when she's 16, she matures and learns more off the books when searching for Percy) so like she doesn't pick up that Beans means babies.  On that note, Alabaster (another demigod) has come into the picture. Ellie's house is literally a half-way home for demigods at this point.

Let me know what you think,

Love Li xx