xlix. mickey and minnie

𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐞 ─── mickey and minnie

Disney World, 25th June 2009

"ℭome on, it was quite funny." Ellie chuckled, prodding at Ethan's ribs as the man scowled next to her. She ate some more of her candy floss as they sat on the bench in the shade. Luke was sitting on the other side of Ellie, pushing the stroller back and forth as the babies slept quietly. Alabaster stood ahead of them, eating a candy cane as he chuckled.

"It really wasn't funny." Ethan adjusted his eye-patch, though there was a grin on his face. Beth had painted him a whole new set of eye patches, one of which had a scene from Hercules on it specifically for the family's trip to Disney world. Ethan had asked her to do it, not wanting to scare anyone with the eye patch or the scar. 

"You screamed because Mickey Mouse appeared behind you," Luke pointed out, looking into the pram as Wren giggled. He shook his head, smoothing out her little Snow White costume. "It was hysterical."

"This is why I don't like you two." He replied, grinning as he wrapped his arms back around Ellie and pulled her into a hug. "You're so intent on bullying me!"

"Yeah, but we are paying for you to go to Disney World," Luke pointed out, before turning to pull faces at his son, who also began to laugh. "So, there's that."

"And that's the reason I also love you." Ellie laughed at Ethan's comment, as her best friend pulled her further into his side so that he could press a kiss to her head. "So, what's the plan for tomorrow?"

"Sea World, or maybe Animal Kingdom, or Epcot," Ellie began to list off as the boys watched her with a grin. "Sorry?"

"No, it's cute," Luke replied, as Alabaster pretended to be sick. Ellie chuckled again as the boy rolled his eyes. "But I'm easy either way. I'm excited to see the animals."

"Absolutely," Ellie grinned, before pulling the stroller closer to her as Wren began to whimper. She picked her daughter up, rocking the baby slightly. "We'll have fun!"

"We've all got to ride Space Mountain at least once," Alabaster put out there, as Ellie paled, before reluctantly nodding. 

"Someone's got to look after the kids."

"We'll take it in turns." Luke reassured, laughing at Ellie's pale face. The woman rocked Wren slightly, as Alex fell back asleep immediately.

"Oh, and there's the parade and the firework show though that might be weird to bring Beans to. Don't want to scare them with the sound." Luke hummed at Ethan's suggestion, brushing Alex's blond hair away from his face as his son watched him with wide eyes. "Also, could we be the cheesy family that has matching Mickey and Minnie ears?"