xxxviii. thanksgiving mishaps

𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 ─── thanksgiving mishaps

New York, 27th November 2008

"ℌey Ellie." Ellie grinned tiredly, as she opened the door to reveal Hermes with a pot resting on his hip.

"Hermes," He leant down, pressing a quick kiss to her cheek, before holding the pot out in front of him. "You are wonderful. Thank you so much."

"You're more than welcome, oh, and I hope you don't mind, I've brought Apollo."

"That's completely fine." Ellie shook her head, seeing Luke's tall uncle bounding towards them. "Hi Apollo."

"Ellie!" He grinned, holding a basket in one hand, and more food in the other. "This is for everyone, and this is just for you."

"What is it?" She eyed it, as Apollo opened it for her. The pair looked inside, and Ellie was surprised to find it full of snacks, chocolate and food for her. "Apollo, you're amazing."

"Thank you. Healing is my speciality." Apollo grinned, "and I also guessed you might need it."

"I did need it."

"So, how's motherhood?"

"I wish there was such a thing as sleep," Ellie replied, hiding the basket in a cupboard, as Apollo and Hermes placed pots onto the stove for her. The house was relatively clean, though it was all an illusion because most of the stuff was thrown carelessly on the landing upstairs. They would never know. "But, the babies are adorable."

"Are they?" Apollo bounded over, his eyes wide in fascination. "How big were they? Who's the older one? Are they...?"

Hermes slapped him over the back of the head, as the younger man hissed.

"Stop hounding her with questions!" Apollo hid from Hermes' glare, rubbing the back of his neck with a pout on his face.

"Dad," The trio looked up as Luke appeared downstairs, one of the twins asleep in his arms. His eyes narrowed as he looked at the other two in the room. "Apollo."

"Fatherhood suits you, Luke," Apollo smiled at him, as Luke hummed, rocking (who Ellie suspected was) Wren in his arms. He still didn't look comfortable that they were in the house, but Ellie was just glad that he was trying. "Is this one of the babies?"

"This is Wren." Luke replied, as Apollo immediately crowded around the baby like it was an alien species that they had never seen before. Hermes chuckled gently, patting Ellie's shoulder.