lii. screams

𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐢𝐟𝐭𝐲-𝐭𝐰𝐨 ─── screams

Mount Olympus, 18th August 2009

"𝔓ercy! Pass me the dagger!" Luke shouted above the noise of the room collapsing around him. "I know where to get him. Please. Trust me!"

Percy faltered, his eyes narrowing, before reluctantly he slid the dagger across to the older man. Luke snatched it from the floor, jumping rocks and bodies of other demigods until he could reach Kronos. The Titan was stuck in another eighteen year old's body, one that Luke had known and grown up with, but his golden eyes narrowed as he watched Luke.

This wasn't Benji. This wasn't the son of Apollo that Luke had known, and the likelihood was, Benji was long dead.

"Remember what's on the line, boy." Kronos' voice was gravelly, pained already. Behind him, Luke could see Ethan pulling himself to his feet, a dagger in hand. 

His eyepatch had long since gone, revealing a scarred eyelid, and despite the cracks in the floor, Ethan dropped into a fighting stance as Luke did the same.

"That's exactly why I'm doing this." Luke muttered. "I don't care whether I live or die. Only that they do. Ethan, now!"

Both men lunged forward, working to pin Kronos down to the floor, quickly finding the spot on the body's hips that was his weak spot from dipping in the River Styx. Ethan struggled to hold onto the Titan's arms, as Luke plunged the dagger down as hard as he could, grinning as golden ichor started to drip from the body.

"That's for Ellie." Ethan hissed, as Krono screamed like a wounded animal. His eyes turned molten, before he let out a blast of energy. Ethan and Luke got the worst of it, being the closest to the Titan.

Luke felt himself being flung across the room, slamming into a throne as pain erupted across his body. He couldn't see when he opened his eyes, stars and darkness marring his vision. A deep cry of horror and fear sounded from somewhere off to his right, and Luke turned, searching for the one person that it could belong to.

"Ethan?" His voice scratched against his throat and he tried to stand, but his legs weren't working. Why weren't they working? "Ethan!"

"Luke. Please!" Ethan's voice was terrified. "Please, I'm slipping! Luke, please!"

"Ethan!" Luke rubbed at his eyes, flipping onto his front as his vision came back to him once more. When he managed to get past the blurriness, his eyes connected with Ethan's. The man was scrabbling for a hold, clutched onto the ground with bloody nails. 

Luke tried once more to get to him, but he couldn't move his legs. Pain echoed through his body, and Luke only needed to take one look at the blood pooling around him to realise that he wasn't going to be able to save Ethan.