letters nineteen and twenty.

𝐥𝐞𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐬 𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲 ─── fear

7th Avenue, 3rd September 2009

November 10th 2007

𝔇ear My Beloved,

Another November, another Thanksgiving fast approaching with my family. I'm thinking of making a guessing game to count how many times they talk about you, my house or my job. What's your estimate for the amount of times? I joke. Hopefully though, this time it will all be positive for once.

Also, speaking of Thanksgiving (though this is kind of in relation), Ava and Iris would like to invite you round for Christmas, along with Ethan. I know that he's normally following you around like a shadow, so ask him for me. Ava is super excited to meet you, and I'm really excited for you two to finally meet. In all honesty, I think that she'll give you and Ethan a run for your money, so start thinking about back handed compliments and clever insults to throw at her. She's incredibly good at that.

On top of that, are you going to be around for New Years? I kind of want to make a tradition of going to Times Square and just spending time together, it'll be the highlight of my year once more. Think about calling me cheesy and I'll change your cheese to plastic next time you come round, try me.

When do you think we can call next? I'm missing hearing your voice, and I know that your boss is making you work a lot, but I'm just worried about you. If you can't call, at least send me a text, just so that I know you're okay. Not hearing from you is making things worse, and honestly, I'm going to get grey hairs from the amount of worrying I do over you and Ethan. But, don't stress out too much.

See you soon, don't kill Ethan or your boss,

Love you,

Ellie xx

December 14th 2007

Dear My Beloved,

Luke, I'm getting worried. I haven't heard from you in about a month now and it's freaking me out. Ethan sent me a text last weekend, but he made no mention of you and he hasn't responded to my texts, neither have you. I also haven't got a letter from you and I'm scared. Please, just let me know that you're okay. A text, a letter, a call, something from Ethan, smoke signals, heck, an owl would do the trick. I'm not good at this whole, waiting around, thing.

Thanksgiving was terrible which you probably could have guessed. Mom was complaining about the fact that you were in my house, and Jade kept mentioning how good looking you were and how you were way out of my league. Dad wants to meet you, which I don't really know about. They also kept complaining about the apartment and stuff and I'm just so fed up with them now. I know they're my parents and I'm supposed to love and care for them, but surely other parents aren't like this? I don't know. Maybe next year we can have Thanksgiving together, as long as you're not too busy with work?

I do miss our movie nights together, it's kind of boring not being able to tease you. I've been spending a lot of time with my friends, I think that they know something's off. I can't really help that I'm worried for you.

College is hard, as to be expected of the final year, but I've almost finished my work experience and I had an essay or two to do, that were interesting. Hopefully, I'll be finished after summer exams. But, in other news, I've been offered a job! How cool is that. It's from one of the places that I did work experience, and they asked me to come back as a staff member. Luckily, it's still near to New York, though I am debating whether or not to move. I forgot how expensive houses were though, I was super lucky to get this one actually.

Honestly, I can't keep writing this and pretending everything's okay, because it's not. I'm worried sick, Luke. Please, just let me know that you're okay.

Love Ellie xx

"This was about the time that we found Nico and were about to start on rescuing you," Percy noted, looking back at Annabeth, but the girl was still flicking through the photos that Arabella had left her. "Annabeth?"

"Hm?" The girl looked away from the photos and back to the boy sitting next to her.

"Did you hear anything I just said?"

"Yeah, I just..." She sighed, running her hand down her face as she placed the photos down. "I don't know how many more of these letters I can read."

Percy nodded, shuffling back to sit beside the girl.

"They sound so happy, and so full of life, and it hurts to hear about it," He huffed, as Annabeth leant her head on his shoulder. "It just hurts because we know the truth, and somehow we've got to go tell her, and her cousin, and Ava, and Mia, that Luke and Ethan are dead. We can't even give her some closure by telling her how it happens. It just sucks."

"I know it does." Percy sighed. "But she has to know."

Hiya,

So this is sort of trash, but Ellie is just worried about Luke for most of this. Also, Ellie's family is terrible, I want to make a petition for Ava and Iris to be Ellie's new parents, and that's about it.

Let me know what you think,

Love Li xx