xlv. dinner dates

𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐟𝐢𝐯𝐞 ─── dinner dates

New York, 15th March 2009

"𝔄re you two absolutely sure that you're going to be okay watching them whilst we're gone?" Ellie called, fluffing her hair up before she finished applying lipstick in the mirror. Leah and Alabaster were sitting on the couch in the living room, watching Wren and Alex in their bassinets. "Know what you have to do?"

"Yes, mum, don't you worry," Alabaster grinned, before turning to look at her. "You look stunning. Luke's not going to be able to keep his eyes off of you."

"Well, I kind of need him to otherwise the chances we crash will increase whilst driving," Leah snorted, as Ellie pressed a kiss to Alabaster's head and placed cash into his hands. "Order what you want and there's ice cream in the freezer. You know what to do with everything else?"

"Yes, mum, go!" Alabaster growled, as Ellie rolled her eyes and pressed a kiss to Alex and Wren's head.

"I see where I'm not wanted," Ellie glanced back at Alabaster, before smirking. "Don't do anything I wouldn't do and let's not spoil the kids innocence!"

"Mum!" Ellie darted to the front door, pulling her heels on as she waited for Luke to make an appearance. Moments later, her husband came down the stairs, his blond hair ruffled. It took a moment, and Ellie had to remind herself not to drool over her husband, who was dressed in a dark button up shirt, the sleeves rolled up.

"You done?" Ellie looked up at Luke's face, who had an eyebrow raised in amusement and a cocky smirk.

"Nope." He snorted, slipping on his shoes as he grabbed the car keys and walked towards her before pausing and turning to look back at Alabaster and Leah.

"Have you...?"

"Kind of," Luke grinned, before waiting for Leah to lean closer to listen to what Alabaster had to say and snickering.

"Use protection kids!"

"Get out! Both of you!" Alabaster shouted, as the pair left the house, laughing hard. "You're so embarrassing!"

Luke and Ellie high-fived each other, as he held the car open for her.

"Good one,"

"I try my best," He started the car off as they drove towards the lights of New York. "Forgot to say, but you look stunning, darling,"

"Thanks," He placed a hand on her leg, squeezing gently as Ellie relaxed in his presence once more. She always missed having him around when he was gone. "I'm excited for tonight."

"So am I," They were going out for dinner as a late, very late, anniversary dinner at some nice restaurant in New York, and Ellie was excited for it. It had been a while since they'd been able to have alone time, and whilst she adored spending time with her entire family, she just occasionally wanted time with Luke and only Luke. "We could go for ice cream after?"