xvii. reunions

𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧 ─── reunions

Flatbush Ave., 14th October 2007

, 14th October 2007

"𝔏uke!" The blond man grinned widely, picking Ellie up and swinging her around. She laughed, before pulling away to kiss him as hard as she could. "I missed you so much."

"I missed you even more," She laughed once more, before placing her head back into the crook of his neck. "How was Greece? Tell me all about it!"

"Of course!" He grinned again, before grabbing her bag and placing it inside the house. "Have you killed Ethan yet?"

"I was called away before I got the chance to." Ellie grinned, as Luke finally set her down. She kicked off her shoes, before looking at the table, which was set.

"You didn't!"

"Despite popular opinion," Luke's arms snaked around her waist, as he leant down to press a kiss to her cheek. Ellie beamed, her cheeks flushing beneath his touch. "I am able to cook decently."

"You haven't burnt it?"

"That's your speciality, baby," He grinned, poking her ribs, as Ellie spasmed and laughed. "Anyway, take a seat and dinner will be provided for you."

Ellie grinned once more, as Luke bowed and pulled her seat out for her, in an over dramatic fashion. He gave instructions not to look, so all Ellie could do was listen to the sounds of the kitchen and try to work out what Luke was doing.

Moments later, Luke reappeared, placing a plate off food down in front of the older woman, a grin on his face. Ellie stared at the appetising plate of macaroni and cheese, complete with bacon lardons and green beans as well as garlic bread.

"Luke, this looks heavenly." Ellie muttered to her boyfriend, who laughed. "Didn't break my entire kitchen?"

"Nope," He grinned, watching as she took the first bite, tapping his fingers along the table as he waited for her opinion. "Thoughts?"

"If I could marry your cooking, I would," Ellie murmured, as Luke breathed a sigh of relief and began to eat too. "How did you know when I was getting back?"

"Guessed." Ellie watched him with a raised eyebrow. "My dad taught me how to do it when I was young, to, you know, guess when people were gonna turn back up from their travels. I still know how to do it, even now."

"Well, at least he was good for a two things." Luke cocked his eyebrow. "Well, the other one was making you."

Luke blushed all the way to his ears, as Ellie laughed. It was rare to make her boyfriend blush, but when he did it was so cute.

"Ellie, where is this boldness coming from? I'm loving it," 

"Iris' wife gave me a list of things to say to you." He raised an eyebrow again. "Ava's ridiculously good at flirting, and thought that I'd need to up my game to out do you."