xi. birthday wishes

𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐞𝐥𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧 ─── birthday wishes

Flatbush Ave., April 27th 2007

, April 27th 2007

𝔏uke's arms around her waist was the only way that Ellie ever wanted to wake up on her birthday again. He was a warm presence behind her, as he brushed her hair from her face and grinned widely.

"Morning baby." Luke pulled her closer, pressing another kiss to her head. "Happy birthday to my favourite girl."

"I'm so glad you're here." Ellie stated, rolling over to admire her blond boyfriend. "This is like the best birthday gift ever, you know that right?"

"I'm glad to be with you." Luke pulled the covers further around them, burying his head into Ellie's neck as he hummed. He began to press sleepy kisses up and down her neck, grinning. "Sleep, and then breakfast?"

"Yes please." Ellie nodded, burying her head back into the cover as Luke and her slowly began to drift in and out of sleep. They stayed like that for a further few hours, relishing in the heat of the bed and being next to each other. Finally, as it got closer to eleven in the morning, Luke managed to pull himself out of bed.

"Alright, I'm getting up." Luke huffed, stretching as he sat upright. Ellie whined, grabbing onto the back of his shirt to pull him back down onto the bed. "Ellie, baby, no."

He sat back upright, before pressing a kiss to her hand.

"I'm gonna shower and then make pancakes."

"You can cook?"

"Yes." Luke chuckled, before sitting back upright. "I'm going to cook, you stay in bed and rest. I'll bring the food to you."

Ellie hummed, slumping back into the pillows as Luke grabbed his hoodie for her to curl into. She pulled it on immediately, and Luke knew that she'd been having a tough week. 

"Can we have a Harry Potter movie marathon tonight?" Ellie called as Luke turned the shower on. 

"Absolutely." He pulled his shirt over his head, throwing it in the wash basket. "Oh, and I did the sorting hat quiz thing."

Ellie turned to look at him, his hoodie way too large on her body. She pushed the hood back from her eyes and grinned.

"You did?" He nodded, checking the shower temperature. "What did you get?"

"Gryffindor. House of the brave." Luke shrugged. He thought that this was slightly bullshit, because he obviously wasn't Gryffindor but this made Ellie happy, so he would comply.

"That makes sense." Luke shook his head. "You run around with a sword, fighting monsters and probably saving people."

Luke didn't have the heart to tell her that most in his world saw him as completely evil.