xix. scoldings

𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧 ─── scoldings

Faltbush Ave., 28th December 2007

, 28th December 2007

"ℑ had a bad feeling that you were up to something. What have you done?" Ellie froze, turning to look over her shoulder. Luke and Ethan sat on either side of her, all with the same wide eyed expression as Iris and Ava walked in. 

They were holding Ellie's niece, Mia, who was giggling to herself, as Ava shot the woman a thumbs up. The three younger adults had cake icing covering their mouths and hands, a devoured cake in front of them as Ellie tried to work out what to say.

"You couldn't tell from the white dress?" Was what she finally settled on. Iris' jaw dropped, as Ava began to howl with laughter.

"Oh, Bella, Bella, Bella, you lovely child, you're brilliant. You got eloped! This is beautiful," Ellie nodded, holding a bottle of champagne up in agreement, her hand covered in icing, as Ava continued to howl with laughter. Ellie turned back around to avoid seeing the livid look on her cousins face.

"What have you done?" Iris growled, stomping around to the other side of the sofa as Ethan paused the movie and the three teens shot her angelic looks, slowly licking icing off from around their mouths. "Who witnessed?"

"That would be me," Ethan put his hand up, a grin on his face as Ava high fived him. He put it down as Iris shot him a glare, wiping ice cream off of the eye patch that covered one side of his face. "I was witness, Maid of Honour, Best Man, Flower Girl, Ring Bearer and Photographer at the same time, like the multi-talented man I am. Want to see the photos?"

"No!" Iris hissed.

"Yes!" Ava sat next to Ethan on the sofa, handing Mia to Luke, as she and Ethan began to go through the photos. Iris set her gaze on the newly weds, who both grinned innocently, smoothing Mia's clothes as the toddler giggled.

"You two better have a good explanation for why you did this."

"I tolerate him enough to spend the rest of my life with him." Ellie joked, as Luke raised an eyebrow at her.

"Thanks."

"No problem."

"Iris, come and look at this photo though," Ava called, as Iris watched the five of them on the couch with narrowed eyes.

"Do your parents know?"

"No, I...I haven't told them." Ellie went quiet as Luke wrapped an arm around her gently. "Maybe I'll just move house and not tell them where, then leave a letter with my landlord telling them that I married and moved to Finland."

"Why Finland?" Luke asked, though a smile played at his lips.

"It snows more than here." Iris glared at all of them again, debating on whether to kill them or not. "And they have the cutest dogs. Have you seen the Finnish Lapphund? They're so fluffy and cute and aww..."